dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 480 total)
  • Author

And just a note – I was able to replicate the login issues only if I used the sidebar login or the form that is in forum posts themselves. But when I logged out and just logged in at bethepro.com/wp-admin, everything works just as it should. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately it didn’t work a second time , bumped me out again , I’ll try another way or later

And just a note – I was able to replicate the login issues only if I used the sidebar login or the form that is in forum posts themselves. But when I logged out and just logged in at bethepro.com/wp-admin, everything works just as it should. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately it didn’t work a second time , bumped me out again , I’ll try another way or later

Tried logging out , clearing Data and history , then logging back into the site

Darn it didn’t work for me the second post , always knocking me out and having to re log in again , please remove points if necessary , thank you for the info

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Darn it didn’t work for me the second post , always knocking me out and having to re log in again , please remove points if necessary , thank you for the info

Let’s see what happens.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

BtP2012
    Keymaster
    Test City, IL

Hi all – I just removed the rule that I think was inhibiting login. I’m not 100% certain I’ll be allowed to keep this off, but if this change works for those of you having issues with staying logged in, I’ll go to leadership to see if we can keep this rule “off”. Thanks again for your patience.

BtP2012
    Keymaster
    Test City, IL

Testing another post, just in case it happens after the 2nd one in a row….

BtP2012
    Keymaster
    Test City, IL

Testing from another browser to see if I get logged out.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Testing with Chrome on Android 10 with the mobile skin.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Need to log in to post.

Cannot edit an existing post either. Once a post is edited after hitting submit it disappears.

EDITED THIS POST with FIREFOX.

EDITED THIS POST AGAIN with CHROME.

Hi all – I just removed the rule that I think was inhibiting login. I’m not 100% certain I’ll be allowed to keep this off, but if this change works for those of you having issues with staying logged in, I’ll go to leadership to see if we can keep this rule “off”. Thanks again for your patience.

Thank you for the update , I’m giving this a try

Tried everything again , chrome and so on , clear the browser and so on , even click keep me logged in 🤷‍♂️ nothing seems like it’s working ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

NEW POST TESTED WITH CHROME DESKTOP WINDOWS 10 – NO ISSUE.

NEW POST TESTED WITH FIREFOX DESKTOP WINDOWS 10 – NO ISSUE.

NEW POST TESTED WITH CHROME ON ANDROID – CANNOT POST WITHOUT LOGIN OVER AND OVER.

ON ANDROID 10, cannot post new, cannot edit an existing post, the screen is cut off half way so that you cannot see what you are typing once the sentence runs off the screen, and the Submit button on the left is also off the screen, the work around is to rotate the phone to get it to turn to landscape orientation to show a wider portion of the screen at least to be able to press submit.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Let me try…Win10/Chrome. Did the cookie delete at the time it was suggested.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

It worked the first time, but not when I tried to respond “It worked”.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

I’m having the same issue still myself.

I also noticed that Chrome is not pre-populating my User Name and PW as it has always done and I HAVE NOT cleared my cache or anything like that in a very long time. Not sure if that offers any insights.

Yesterday when I experiencing this, it was on a brand new MS Surface 7 that had only a few hours of use I got this past week, so I don’t think cache would have anything to do with it anyways although I don’t know if cache follows me around from one device to the next, which I don’t think it does and is unique to each device??? I don’t know that kind of stuff.

Doobie

Just a tip til this gets fixed…

What I do after the failed post attempt has booted you out is use my back button….copy the entire post (hit CTRL-A) that should still be there and load to my clipboard (CTRL-C)…..hit the submit button, which will then log you out again….log in….then paste my post (CTRL-V) and submit. Works every time.

BtP2012
    Keymaster
    Test City, IL

Alright I went for it and removed all the security stuff I added the other day before this started. After cache clearing (because those things are saved by your browser too)…still issues? If so, there may be something else going on.

Thanks all for your help in trying this out over and over again…

Alright I went for it and removed all the security stuff I added the other day before this started. After cache clearing (because those things are saved by your browser too)…still issues? If so, there may be something else going on.

Giving it a try

Giving it a try

See if I can quote again if it works , I won’t respond later

Wohoooo it’s working so far on my smartphone with android 11 , thank you

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Thanks again BtP2012.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 480 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.460 seconds