dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

So it IS related to emoji use. What about when you use key strokes to make faces like “;)” or “:)”? I’ve had many posts do what this thread is about, but I just figured it was my phone. Am I a labeled spammer by Akismet?

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

So it IS related to emoji use. What about when you use key strokes to make faces like “;)” or “:)”? I’ve had many posts do what this thread is about, but I just figured it was my phone. Am I a labeled spammer by Akismet?

This is a good question.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I doubt it. You would have known by now with having issues with posts being blocked.

I actually had an experience some years ago with Norton warning me about using third party emojis one time. When I looked into it further they were being run by some entity based in the middle east in one of those not so friendly countries. Kinda spooked me out and I immediately stopped trying to use that site for emojis. One thing I’ve learned over the years is nothing is free on the internet. We pay in one form or another and often we don’t even know it.

Doobie

Emoji

@doobie

Hey Kevin, Thanks for letting me know what the developer had to say. The funny thing here you is you said that I used a Emoji. I don’t recall using a Emoji in the thread. Plus I typed this on my lap top. Also I never use Emoji. But anyways thanks for the update.

Maybe she’s wrong about the Emoji use, but the one that was stuck in CJ she cleared.

The way she explains is like Akismet ‘learns’ things. By her clearing a whole bunch associated with one persons profile that may be in CJ (CyberJail as I like to call it), it basically teaches Akismet that you are not a spammer. It’s worked for me so far, but apparently I had lots in the klink so to speak. Mine were related to longish posts being edited. Obviously, it may not be the only cause why posts may get deleted at times. I’m still learning all this too.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I just tried to post in the toolaholic thread https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-22-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/

I tried to put in the link to a tool supplier I got from Bosch’s Facebook page and it wouldn’t let me. So after three attemps (and once trying to put the URL in <>) I decided to come let you know, lol.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I just tried to post in the toolaholic thread https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-22-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/

I tried to put in the link to a tool supplier I got from Bosch’s Facebook page and it wouldn’t let me. So after three attemps (and once trying to put the URL in <>) I decided to come let you know, lol.

Thanks Charlie. I totally missed you posting that late last week.

I think that it’s just related to the link you tried putting up, which is not uncommon. I’ve had this happen on occasion. Lose the link, and it posts just fine. Did you try that as a last resort? Or was that useless in trying anyways as without the link the post was useless otherwise?

@cmeyer25

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I posted 3 different links on thread this morning with no issues. But I was thinking the whole time they might disappear.

Greg

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I have a question not sure where to post it. Under my profile name it doesn’t show my location. I edited my profile to show my location (the state I live in). I still don’t see when I make a post. Is it just me that doesn’t see it?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I don’t see either @hojo04.

Greg

Doobie

I have a question not sure where to post it. Under my profile name it doesn’t show my location.

Failing searching the BTP Questions sub forum and finding a thread there Howard, you could just start your own thread in that sub forum.

Alternately, you could just PM Jim and ask him. I’m not saying this to wag a finger of sorts, it’s just that this thread’s nature is likely not gonna solicit a response for you and nor can I bring this issue to the attention of the webmaster/developer other than for issues related to this thread topic otherwise and as mentioned at the outset of this thread, she may get angry and change my avatar to a Pokemon character I can’t rid of myself! Lol!

NOTE: Let’s not litter this thread with needless commentary per Jim’s request as the developer will be following it at times and trust me, you don’t want this mean and nasty developer on your bad side. Next thing you know you’ll have a Pokemon Avatar you can’t remove…lol!

Doobie

Bumping this thread to see if anybody is having this issue….

Hey guys, I had been having problems regularly the last few months with the forum SPAM software (a.k.a. ‘Akismet), tossing my posts in what I like to call CyberJail when I would go and edit a post shortly after having originally posted it. This could happen whether just doing minor spelling corrections edits or if adding a pic to my original post. The original post after editing just simply disappeared entirely.

AKISMET, the automated spam blocker on this forum, apparently blocks over 100 spams a day, it’s just that lately it has been starting to block legitimate posts also. Typically long posts that have had subsequent minor edits to them after they were originally posted by the original poster.

Working with Jim and the developer, we have come up with a potential solution for this, but the developer needs to know who you are so she can tweak what they did with me to potentially fix this issue in the forum’s software background.

Please post here that you have experienced this issue where editing longish posts have disappeared entirely on you AND preferably what thread this happened in if you know the thread and the location of the missing post (which Akismet may have in fact restored on its own since you last thought it was gone), please provide a link to it also.

NOTE: Let’s not litter this thread with needless commentary per Jim’s request as the developer will be following it at times and trust me, you don’t want this mean and nasty developer on your bad side. Next thing you know you’ll have a Pokemon Avatar you can’t remove…lol!

Not me at the monment it’s working good for me on posting and editing post before uploading to site .

Always willing to learn .

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Testing post to see if it disappears.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

test

Doobie

@miamicuse

As mentioned in the thread you started about your posts disappearing, this thread is where the developer and I can maybe help with your issue.

What she may need at times is also the location in which threads your posts have disappeared. If you could link them here, that will help.

Doobie

Just got an email from the developer and she not only cleared @miamicuse of being in the Akismet ‘penalty box’ but also a few other members she found that were semi-blacklisted for posting as well but for which she didn’t mention who exactly were the other ones.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Just got an email from the developer and she not only cleared @miamicuse of being in the Akismet ‘penalty box’ but also a few other members she found that were semi-blacklisted for posting as well but for which she didn’t mention who exactly were the other ones.

I didn’t know there was penalty box. I haven’t had any problems in quite awhile.

Greg

Doobie

I didn’t know there was penalty box. I haven’t had any problems in quite awhile.

I call it a penalty box. Makes sense as essentially what the Akismet software does is temporarily stops a post from appearing until it deems it safe to do so.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I call it a penalty box. Makes sense as essentially what the Akismet software does is temporarily stops a post from appearing until it deems it safe to do so.

It does make sense. I found it funny how you worded it. I have say I enjoy reading your post Kevin. Sometimes the they way you word stuff makes laugh. I just have be careful I am not drinking anything while I reading your post.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I didn’t know there was penalty box.

Yes there is and I’ve been in it!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.680 seconds