dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 402 total)
  • Author

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone’s profile showing on-line aside from mine , not that it actually matters to me ,
    Regardless it’s a cool feature I guess

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Doobie I think a post I made in the What you did the shop thread disappeared. It wasn’t quoted one. Not sure what happened.

I see one you made in the interesting things we see topic. I left it there so Doodie could see it.

Ok thanks Ron. I am sure what happened.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone’s profile showing on-line aside from mine , not that it actually matters to me

I have seen some people online other then myself at the same time. Only a few times so far.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Has anyone gotten this message when navigating BTP?

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to bethepro.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>Secure Connection Failed
    <em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Yes I’ve received them a few times , but I always thought it was just a connection interruption between the wifi and smartphone provider

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>Secure Connection Failed
    <em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”>

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”><strong class=”gdbbx-bbcode-bold”> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Yes I have got this message before. It has been a while since it has happen.

Greg

Doobie

Secure Connection Failed

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

Don’t recall ever seeing that myself.

Thanks for posting it. The webmaster does check this thread. Any other threads are only when I ask them to be looked at.

Doobie

There was another update to a forum ‘plugin’ that was just installed today. This is one that allows quotes, images, etc in the forum.

We’re not sure it’ll help with anything or not, but trying to do these as they come out to take advantage of any bug fixes.

Chime in with any comments about what you may perceive as either problems that are gone or new ones that are cropping up.

Chime in with any comments

Kudos for continuing efforts!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

There was another update to a forum ‘plugin’ that was just installed today. This is one that allows quotes, images, etc in the forum.

We’re not sure it’ll help with anything or not, but trying to do these as they come out to take advantage of any bug fixes.

Chime in with any comments about what you may perceive as either problems that are gone or new ones that are cropping up.

Thanks Kevin!

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

it seems now the “new reply” or “unread” tags on the main page for the forum is now gone. You need to look into each subforum to see if there is any new post.

@doobie I just quoted my own post in the public tools announcement page , looks like it’s gone to spam 🤷‍♂️

I’m guessing it’s because it has the link for the dust extractor kits

Doobie

@doobie I just quoted my own post in the public tools announcement page , looks like it’s gone to spam 🤷‍♂️

I’m guessing it’s because it has the link for the dust extractor kits

I just went and approved it and also replied to it just now.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-29-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/29/?view=all#post-747542

That Toolaholics thread is still giving me navigation issues trying to get where I’m supposed to go. I had asked if anybody else is having similar issues. Am I the only one? I asked about this issue in the thread itself here….

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-29-0-toolaholic-public-announcement-page/page/27/?view=all#post-747126

And when you guys are seeing your posts disappear, is it almost always in that Toolaholics thread?

I’m thinking maybe if I’m not the only one getting the navigation issue and also that it seems to be a common issue with posts disappearing for reg members in that thread, that maybe I’ll just start a new one and close that one down.

Doobie

it seems now the “new reply” or “unread” tags on the main page for the forum is now gone. You need to look into each subforum to see if there is any new post.

Anybody else having this issue?

Sami, you sure you were logged in?

I’m not having any issues with this other than the aforementioned Toolaholics issue, which is not quite the same as what you are depicting anyways.

@Miamicuse

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Anybody else having this issue?

Working on my end.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Yes I was logged in.

If I go to this page:

https://bethepro.com/forums/

I do not see any tagged “unread” or “new post” for any of the main heading (most of the time), then when I click on any forum, I see the new posts and unread on the threads or sub-forums.

Not a big deal, as I think these tags were generated based on probably some post dates and times, and those were always off anyways. If you look at the last post data & time it’s usually days or weeks off, and it’s probably not that important in the grand scheme of things.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Yes I was logged in.

If I go to this page:

I do not see any tagged “unread” or “new post” for any of the main heading (most of the time), then when I click on any forum, I see the new posts and unread on the threads or sub-forums.

Not a big deal, as I think these tags were generated based on probably some post dates and times, and those were always off anyways. If you look at the last post data & time it’s usually days or weeks off, and it’s probably not that important in the grand scheme of things.

Not sure how the new post would or could work on that page Mamicuse. I always look at the topic page. https://bethepro.com/topics/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@RonW
    Just responded to your post 👆 but I guess with all the quotes it got pulled aside for speeding lol

Doobie

Yes I was logged in.

If I go to this page:

Not sure how the new post would or could work on that page Mamicuse. I always look at the topic page. https://bethepro.com/topics/

Same here.

Yes I was logged in.

If I go to this page:

Thanks Ron , I keep forgetting to check that out , I always just respond to the threads I’m subscribed to , or just use the main page from BTP that usually shows the most recent topics.

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.519 seconds