dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I quoted btp2012 but it didn’t show up , but when I posted a single post , it shows up , and my offline states online 🤷‍♂️

Brian, I had the same result as yours.

Quoting you with a single post worked as you can see here.

Quoting btp2012 which has a series of nested quotes disappeared.

Yet btp2012 was able to do it, so I think it has to do with user privileges. The regular members are limited in quotes in some way.

The online offline seems to be ok, it’s just showing who else is signed on at the same time you are browsing.

@Miamicuse yeah strange , I received the email notification , but when I clicked on the link , it goes to an empty thread 🤷‍♂️ , and I noticed that yours is still showing offline

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@Miamicuse yeah strange , I received the email notification , but when I clicked on the link , it goes to an empty thread 🤷‍♂️ , and I noticed that yours is still showing offline

Yes probably by the time you read my post I am already closed the BTP window so it showed me as offline.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I quoted btp2012 but it didn’t show up , but when I posted a single post , it shows up , and my offline states online 🤷‍♂️

Right now my shows green and I am online.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Oh okay thanks guys @Miamicuse and @GTokley
    Take a look at mine and let me know what you see please thanks. Just curious.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

As I type this it shows green and you are online the same for my profile. Other members above in the thread are off line.

Greg

@GTokley well I just responded to your post above , but it must have gone to spam
    Thanks for the heads up Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@GTokley well I just responded to your post above , but it must have gone to spam

Thanks for the heads up Greg

Yeah no problem!

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I see all of you offline and myself online.

Doobie

How do you guys feel about this newly visible status of showing whether you are online or not?

It’s not something myself or anybody asked for. It was just part of a general major upgrade/update.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

It’s OK. I see it on most forums now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

How do you guys feel about this newly visible status of showing whether you are online or not?

Works for me too.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s not something myself or anybody asked for. It was just part of a general major upgrade/update.

Funny I noticed that the other day , I like it ,

Neither pro nor con on the feature. I guess now we can tell who is slacking off on the internet now instead of working….that would be me.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The online offline status indicator is fairly common on forums especially on those who have public and private chat features. Some may have a public chatroom some have private chat where you can tag someone if they are also seen as online you can go into a private instant chat if so desired. For our forum with the traffic volume it probably add or subtract nothing.

Neither pro nor con on the feature. I guess now we can tell who is slacking off on the internet now instead of working….that would be me.

Hahaha good thing my boss doesn’t know about BTP lol

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I am ok with it.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@Doobie I think a post I made in the What you did the shop thread disappeared. It wasn’t quoted one. Not sure what happened.

Greg

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Doobie I think a post I made in the What you did the shop thread disappeared. It wasn’t quoted one. Not sure what happened.

I see one you made in the interesting things we see topic. I left it there so Doodie could see it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Thanks for all the feedback on the online/offline issue. Glad it doesn’t bother anybody.

I think it’s actually nice if you can see who is online or not, but then I’m not so sure how reliable that is if someone is simply still logged in but absent for long periods away from their device/PC. I know I go long periods not touching the forum at all and come back even the next day and I’m still logged in most times on my tablet or phone which I rarely turn off.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.463 seconds