dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 405 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I had this just happen to me.

I see it in the metal working video. Same old double quote problem. Wonder if the extra smileys had anything to do with it?

Oops , I’ll try to cut out the smilies , sorry about that

Thanks for the info

Thanks for fixing it RonW doobie

Hey Brian, Doobie doesn’t believe it’s the smileys cauaing the problem. So Keep them coming. They add a little to the post.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I guessing the problem is fixed as I just double quoted and as far as I know I had no issues.

Thanks guys for taking care of the problems.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I’ve asked our webmaster to look into this. But keep giving us links to incidences where this happening in this thread as I’m directing her to this thread to give the webmaster clues to where it is happening. Thanks!

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have notice just a few minutes when I click on the links in my emails for this thread and What did you do in the shop thread. They opened a new page with nothing posted. I have since tried again and this problem did happen again.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

They opened a new page with nothing posted. I have since tried again and this problem did happen again.

I have the same problem every so often, click a thread and it takes me to a page with just a box to place a new post in. It works though, I mean I can post and if I go back into the thread the post is there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

They opened a new page with nothing posted. I have since tried again and this problem did happen again.

I have the same problem every so often, click a thread and it takes me to a page with just a box to place a new post in. It works though, I mean I can post and if I go back into the thread the post is there.

I’ve been getting that too for maybe the last month or so. Didn’t think of adding that to my email I sent the webmaster yesterday, but she’ll likely read about that also now as she looks at these posts.

Ah thanks for the info Bill , I never tried it ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I’ve been getting that too for maybe the last month or so. Didn’t think of adding that to my email I sent the webmaster yesterday, but she’ll likely read about that also now as she looks at these posts.

It just happen to me yesterday for the first time. Yeah I am sure it is hard remember everything. If she reads the thread I sure she will see it.

Greg

@doobie I believe I had another few reposts that went MIA , it was earlier this week , I think it was in Miamicuse thread on the fence rework and the other I honestly forgot.
    Not a big deal , just figured I’d let you know

Doobie

@doobie I believe I had another few reposts that went MIA , it was earlier this week , I think it was in Miamicuse thread on the fence rework and the other I honestly forgot.

Not a big deal , just figured I’d let you know

Thanks. I actually haven’t heard back from the webmaster. Both myself and her are obviously busy. I’ll send her a nudge.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

One thing I have noticed, and it may be unrelated, is when I click the little arrow in the circle, it does not always bring me to the first unread post. Sometimes it’s a whole page behind. Kind of annoying.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

One thing I have noticed, and it may be unrelated, is when I click the little arrow in the circle, it does not always bring me to the first unread post. Sometimes it’s a whole page behind. Kind of annoying.

I know. It’s not 100% for me either. I’d say it’s about 75-80% for me.

It’s a new feature upon an upgrade in Feb or so. Maybe they’ll get the bugs out of it in some future update/upgrade.

I’m still happy it’s finally being worked into this type of forum despite it being not fully reliable.

@doobie okay just happened to me , I responded to your posts by quote this morning in the critters thread about the mosquito topic ,it worked perfectly , then went back to edit my post by adding a picture , and bang just like that it’s gone lol
    Just wanted to let you know

Doobie

doobie okay just happened to me , I responded to your posts by quote this morning in the critters thread about the mosquito topic ,it worked perfectly , then went back to edit my post by adding a picture , and bang just like that it’s gone lol
    Just wanted to let you know

I had a rejected post this morning as well.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

very strange.

I was looking at some zipwall posts for putting up dust plastics and went to a five year old thread under dust control management forum under power tools and added a post. It got posted successfully but when I refreshed it it went poof. Not sure why. It used to just go poof, but this time it did not, it got posted successfully and went poof on a refresh. Or may be it’s me I am getting too old and drinking too much beer from staying home and just hallucinating perhaps.

Doobie

This part I can answer….

Or may be it’s me I am getting too old and drinking too much beer from staying home and just hallucinating perhaps.

There’s no such thing as too much beer.

very strange.

I was looking at some zipwall posts for putting up dust plastics and went to a five year old thread under dust control management forum under power tools and added a post. It got posted successfully but when I refreshed it it went poof. Not sure why. It used to just go poof, but this time it did not, it got posted successfully and went poof on a refresh.

Strange indeed, was it this post here Sami?

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/zip-systems/page/2/#post-746497

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This part I can answer….

Or may be it’s me I am getting too old and drinking too much beer from staying home and just hallucinating perhaps.

very strange.

I was looking at some zipwall posts for putting up dust plastics and went to a five year old thread under dust control management forum under power tools and added a post. It got posted successfully but when I refreshed it it went poof. Not sure why. It used to just go poof, but this time it did not, it got posted successfully and went poof on a refresh.

Yes, my bad. I started to look under dust control thinking it might have been discussed before but end up finding it elsewhere and lost track of it and combined with some beer in my stomach I got confused.

Thanks for setting me straight!

BtP2012
    Keymaster
    Test City, IL

This part I can answer….

very strange.

Yes, my bad. I started to look under dust control thinking it might have been discussed before but end up finding it elsewhere and lost track of it and combined with some beer in my stomach I got confused.

Thanks for setting me straight!

TESTING after major plugin update involving quotes.

Kinda weird , but just under everyone’s profile picture , it says offline on every member 🤷‍♂️

I quoted btp2012 but it didn’t show up , but when I posted a single post , it shows up , and my offline states online 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 405 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.641 seconds