dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 306 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

The webmaster and I were working on this persistent issue two days ago and have re-throttled the entire forum to allow more links per posts that the anti-spam software is set to ignore.

Hopefully this tweak, which may have been a forum upgrade adjustment that set it low at some point, will help clear this persistent problem some members have been having.

There are regular forum updates all the time, but there have been two massive ones of them since last fall, the one last fall being more pervasive requiring all sorts of fixes by the webmaster, while one upgrade from a couple of months ago that set up new features like the nice labels on the threads that tell us ‘unread’ ‘new post’ etc… went a lot more smoothly especially considering how old the main architecture of this forum was built on.

If this new higher amount of links per post allowance results into another issue in setting it to a higher allowed links per post count, we may have to throttle it back down. Fingers crossed we don’t need to do that. Like I said, it was probably set higher before, but an upgrade set it to new lower default limit and nobody knew it. We kinda tripped over this actually.

Let me know if the post disappearing problem continues to persist for any of you folks.

Let me know if the post disappearing problem continues to persist for any of you folks.

Thanks for your efforts and continuing to keep up on the issues.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The webmaster and I were working on this persistent issue two days ago

Hopefully that will solve the multiple quote issue. The only posts I get that disappear are when I quote from more than one person. Testing now

BINGO seems to be working. Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

The webmaster and I were working on this persistent issue two days ago

Hopefully that will solve the multiple quote issue. The only posts I get that disappear are when I quote from more than one person. Testing now

BINGO seems to be working. Thank you

Thanks for the update and support for this forum ,
    Here goes I’m giving it a try with this multiple replay post

Wohoooo looks like it’s working 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The webmaster and I were working on this persistent issue two days ago and have re-throttled the entire forum to allow more links per posts that the anti-spam software is set to ignore.

Hopefully this tweak, which may have been a forum upgrade adjustment that set it low at some point, will help clear this persistent problem some members have been having.

There are regular forum updates all the time, but there have been two massive ones of them since last fall, the one last fall being more pervasive requiring all sorts of fixes by the webmaster, while one upgrade from a couple of months ago that set up new features like the nice labels on the threads that tell us ‘unread’ ‘new post’ etc… went a lot more smoothly especially considering how old the main architecture of this forum was built on.

If this new higher amount of links per post allowance results into another issue in setting it to a higher allowed links per post count, we may have to throttle it back down. Fingers crossed we don’t need to do that. Like I said, it was probably set higher before, but an upgrade set it to new lower default limit and nobody knew it. We kinda tripped over this actually.

Thanks Kevin & Webmaster.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Tried to doing more then one quote today. I had no issues. Thanks again!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 6 posts - 301 through 306 (of 306 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.537 seconds