dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 310 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

I don’t know if it was a virus or anything like that , it’s fine now ,

It’s only about 2 years old , but I guess that’s oldish in smartphone technology 🤷

Sometimes, things need what is not just a turn-off turn-on reboot, but a hard reboot. If you know how to do it with your phone, try that. Most phones do it via simply keeping the your finger depressed on the on-off switch while it is on for about ten seconds til the phone turns itself off, some require a multi-button method.

This is NOT to be confused with a factory reset. That’ll wipe out everything you’ve saved on your phone.

Yeah I know all about that , I’ve owned a few blackberries lmao

Doobie

Yeah I know all about that , I’ve owned a few blackberries lmao

I finally moved to Samsung last fall. My Priv was just getting to be too quirky.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I’ve never tried to open the forum on my phone.

Doobie

It actually works pretty good on this Samsung S10 phone that I have now. I hardly ever used to use my Blackberry to go on the Forum but I do a lot more now with my Samsung. I’m even using the voice recognition software to type all of this right now which works pretty darn good if you ask me.

I switched from BB Z30 which worked flawless on BTP and other sites , just that they never went Android until the latest phone , so I was running BB 10 software , didn’t support many apps and so on , oh well , I switched to the Google pixel XL 2 and love it , it’s lightning fast and pretty secure. And working good on many sites , and has great support for apps and usually first up for updating the software , and it’s bigger than the previous BB Z30 for my older eyes lol
    I rarely have time to sit in front of the computer screen , so for me it’s the smartphone that gets used regularly 🤷

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I use to read posts and since the updates it is a real pita to apply to post. I don’t even both now.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Here’s part of a reply I just received from the webmaster in regards to slowness loading issues….

There is a ton of caching that happens for non-logged in users, but that caching goes away when folks are logged in. This is so that they can see freshest content, and not content that is cached from 12 hours ago. That comes with some speed hits, as queries are running as we’re surfing, vs us just loading query results from the cache. Hopefully that helps explain it at least!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hey @Doobie it appears the list is gone again.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Hey @Doobie it appears the list is gone again.

I can’t deal with it right now. Might not be able to get back to it till tomorrow.

I saw that Ron , thanks for the heads up ,
    Hopefully it’s just a glitch 🤷 , and hopefully it’s not a recurring issue

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Looks like the reward list is back!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Anybody still having issues with posts disappearing?

Please post the thread where it disappeared if so and when so I can report back to the webmaster. A post link to where it was is helpful please.

Please also mention if you were multi-quoting, or simply adding in 3rd party links that where the problem.

Actually yes I posted a few I believe in interesting thread and might have been in the what did you do in the shop , I believe it was late last week or Saturday , can’t remember 🤷‍♂️, and it was usually quoting someone , but specifically if I recall with a video attached , and I think the other was with a picture.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Anybody still having issues with posts disappearing?

Yea there are still some that need approving. I left a few Doobie. If you want to check them out.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I just had one swallowed the other day. If you quote someone when there is more than one quote, or if you link (not attach) more than one image the post will disappear.

@doobie here you go , just responded to kswiss and it’s gone 🤷‍♂️

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v11-today-i-used-my-bosch/

I don’t know what happened. I opened up the “what did you do in the shop today” thread and posts I put in there 2 days ago were marked “new” even though I have been keeping up with the reading. I looked this morning in fact.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For me the ones that get swallowed are the posts that have multiple quotes.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

For me the ones that get swallowed are the posts that have multiple quotes.

Not necessarily. If you link more than one image it will disappear. If your post is kinda long winded it might too.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 310 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.682 seconds