dcsimg

Posts Disappearing After Edits of Long Winded Posts Problem/Solution.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 402 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Another thing I have noticed is pics that have been uploaded before this week are not showing up now. @btp2012

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Another thing I have noticed is pics that have been uploaded before this week are not showing up now. @btp2012

This is another big problem sense the update @Doobie

Ron

Doobie

This is another big problem sense the update @Doobie

Oh Boy!

I just went into a bunch of threads looking to see if I can find any older pics, and there are none. I’ll let the webmaster know about that as well. It’s hopefully an easy fix. I hope it isn’t something where all past photos are now lost. That would be a real bummer.

I’m testing inserting an image now and I can see that it’s quite different from what we had before including the ability to label our pics and inpost insertion.

We also have a ton of editing functions available for our posts now.

I know this is all nice, but obviously we need to tweak a few issues away and hopefully not lose some of the new features that I know we’ve all long been asking for for years now that are now finally being implemented.

View-of-Image-Photo-Insertion-function-15FEB2020

Doobie

The webmaster had also informed me that there was a patch being applied for the actual post disappearing issue that had been ongoing for months since that major software update in October was it….regardless, she is now asking if anybody is still experiencing that issue.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

The webmaster had also informed me that there was a patch being applied for the actual post disappearing issue that had been ongoing for months since that major software update in October was it….regardless, she is now asking if anybody is still experiencing that issue.

@Doobie
    It looks like BoschmanBrian did at 7:04 this morning.

Ron

Doobie

@Doobie It looks like BoschmanBrian did at 7:04 this morning.

I don’t see it anywhere @ronW. Not hidden here in this thread nor in the admin spam folder. Was it in this thread?

@Boschmanbrian

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

@Doobie . Looks like the site is back up and running. We still have no older pics showing up.

Ron

Thanks for the help @btp2012 and the mods for the help getting the site back up

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Nice to see the site back up, thanks to Heather for getting things working again. Much appreciated.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just quoted Bill theamcguy post in the public tools announcement
    Looks like it’s a goner 🤷

@doobie
    @RonW

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I just quoted Bill theamcguy post in the public tools announcement

Looks like it’s a goner 🤷

@doobie RonW

Fixed it for you Brian. Needed approval again for some reason.
    Might have something to do with the link in the quote? But not sure why some do this.

Ron

@RonW thank you Ron ,

Not a big deal for me , but just wanted to let you know , I tried to respond to jimDaddyO in another thread that he replied to my question by using the quote button , I just tried to respond back with the quote button , looks like it’s not working , like I said no big deal for me , just letting you know 👍

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

So, everything seems to be in working order. Apparently.
    I didn’t quote anything yet.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

RonW thank you Ron ,

Not a big deal for me , but just wanted to let you know , I tried to respond to jimDaddyO in another thread that he replied to my question by using the quote button , I just tried to respond back with the quote button , looks like it’s not working , like I said no big deal for me , just letting you know 👍

Must still have problems with the double quote stuff. Not a huge problem to me ether.

Ron

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I had a new thread disappeared a few days ago. Before all the threads returned.

I started a thread, and it got posted. This is unlike other disappearing posts because those would just disappear upon hitting the submit button. This one got posted, and appeared on the forum index as new post. But after an hour or so, it disappeared. I thought at the time it was a moderator removing all posts until the site is fixed but @RonW said it wasn’t the case, so that’s a bug, may be.

Doobie

Doobie . Looks like the site is back up and running. We still have no older pics showing up.

She said the rest off the list I sent her would get worked on when she has the opportunity. The Thread List Page to me was a priority which I requested as being urgent. Nobody could really track anything otherwise.

Doobie

Has anybody noticed that the ‘Nuclear Smillees’ as I liked to call them are no longer happening?

I’m actually not absolutely sure about this, but I have noticed that when I quote somebody since the last little while, I don’t see those massive smillies that ate up half a viewing pane in my posted replies that included them quoted from another member’s post.

I think it may have something to do with the new post editing functions we now have.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Has anybody noticed that the ‘Nuclear Smillees’ as I liked to call them are no longer happening?

The emoji thingies you mean?

Ah yes that’s right , I didn’t even realize that , I actually have two of them in previous posts up above this.
    Looks like it’s getting there

Doobie

The emoji thingies you mean?

Yep. Those smillie emoji things. No longer coming in on re-posts as being 100 fold in size.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 402 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.639 seconds