dcsimg

Plants? You Got Any?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Cats can not run wild around the city here. We do have a lot of wild cats tho. They are protected like they are an endangered species.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

I planted some gardenias last summer but the Canadian climate is definitely not favorable for them. Beautiful scent wren the flowers bloom but they didn’t last long for me

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I saw this one at Sams club the other day,, I wonder what they grow in this kind??
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/eco-garden-house-com-indoor-green-hs/prod19100087.ip?navAction=

that is actually really nice, i’ve never seen one like this before. would really work indoors.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I used to grow my own Cayenne peppers. Then my cat caught wind of them. She would devour them from my garden once they got to a certain stage of growth. Leaves, fruit and all. All that would be left were the stalk and a few remnant branch/twigs. Had to stop growing them. :(

It’s funny how they do that. I had a few plants I was tending too once and right when they started to get some size and health to them, the cat came and ate them. I think they are just jealous

That’s why I have the protected grow area. LOL
    One of my cats would eat them for sure. He’s just that way.

Now when I have them out back in the yard, the raccoon’s take one and bite it, then leave it. I would assume that it’s just too hot for them.

They bid eat one plant down to just stalk but that was before it had a chance to push any peppers out.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I saw this one at Sams club the other day,, I wonder what they grow in this kind??
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/eco-garden-house-com-indoor-green-hs/prod19100087.ip?navAction=

Those tents look great, but are pretty cost prohibitive.
    I was never able to sell one of those, or any of the other self contained systems.
    I guess for the average person with expendable income though , it’d make for a great hobby farm…

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Those tents look great, but are pretty cost prohibitive.
    I was never able to sell one of those, or any of the other self contained systems.
    I guess for the average person with expendable income though , it’d make for a great hobby farm…

yah i would have to save up a bit to get this one. I need it as the animals inside the house namely cats would destroy the plants, and the animals outside destroy my plants outside. Did you have a store selling items like these?

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I had something similar to that years ago in my closet , We were called closet cultivators back then 🙂

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Well I just started my germination tray of peppers.
    Caribbean Red Habanero F2
    Manzano
    Chimayo
    Aleppo
    Fatalii Red
    Japone
    Black Cobra
    Black Pearl (ornamental)

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did you have a store selling items like these?

Yes my local Sams has it in store.

Well I just started my germination tray of peppers.
    Caribbean Red Habanero F2
    Manzano
    Chimayo
    Aleppo
    Fatalii Red
    Japone
    Black Cobra
    Black Pearl (ornamental)

Where do you guys get all these seeds??

Dirty

yellaD
    Pro

I’ve got a couple terrariums that have lived a few months. That’s a record possibly.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

@r-ice, I worked in/ran a hydroponics business for a bit back in 2005/06. I went to school with one of the owners, helped on the weekends, and took over the day to day operations for a few months while they went back to school.
    Interesting people who come into those places.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@r-ice, I worked in/ran a hydroponics business for a bit back in 2005/06. I went to school with one of the owners, helped on the weekends, and took over the day to day operations for a few months while they went back to school.

thats pretty cool, how well does it regulate humidity and such in side this indoor green house? I am curious, i doubt i’ll do anything in this house as my house isn’t all that big.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

that is actually really nice, i’ve never seen one like this before. would really work indoors.

A friend of mine had one of these setups for his “legal” grow up. I forget but he had a licence for over 20 plants. Too bad he had no clue how to grow it without mold.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

A friend of mine had one of these setups for his “legal” grow up. I forget but he had a licence for over 20 plants. Too bad he had no clue how to grow it without mold.

yah that would be the humidity problems. with setup likes that you need a fan with incoming air to stabilize humidity.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@DirtyWhiteBoy,
    I’m a member of a couple pepper forums and one in particular holds a yearly seed swap. I never have to buy.
    Everybody sends in seeds, if you can if not you send in a request for certain types.

It works out great.

It’s like any great forum, members are willing to help out by sending seeds that are requested. I have received a bunch of seeds from a guy who is about 500 km / 310 miles away but in Ontario.

I still purchase a few different pepper plants each year.

— Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@DirtyWhiteBoy,
    I’m a member of a couple pepper forums and one in particular holds a yearly seed swap. I never have to buy.
    Everybody sends in seeds, if you can if not you send in a request for certain types.

It works out great.

It’s like any great forum, members are willing to help out by sending seeds that are requested. I have received a bunch of seeds from a guy who is about 500 km / 310 miles away but in Ontario.

I still purchase a few different pepper plants each year.

Jezzz that’s nice, it’s like BTP for pepper plants.

Dirty

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

asevereid wrote:@r-ice, I worked in/ran a hydroponics business for a bit back in 2005/06. I went to school with one of the owners, helped on the weekends, and took over the day to day operations for a few months while they went back to school.

thats pretty cool, how well does it regulate humidity and such in side this indoor green house? I am curious, i doubt i’ll do anything in this house as my house isn’t all that big.

That just depends on how well the grower has their fans set up, how their feeding regimen is timed, and what wattage of lighting they have.
    You could just run ventilation through the tent (intake, and exhaust fan set up) all day every day with one of those.
    For the most part, the kits offer accessory packages that are tailor fit to the tent… Just plug and play.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That looks a lot like a Colorado green house. 😉

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Up potted my seedlings from peat pods to cups today.
    Now I just have to keep them alive till they get out to my garden.

Trying a new medium this year, ProMix BX

— Glenn Botting

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

With the prices of vegetables going way up I am looking to adding one of these to my yard this year .

http://www.costco.ca/.product.100149215.html?cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInCategory

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 320 total)
  • The topic ‘Plants? You Got Any?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.778 seconds