dcsimg

Plants? You Got Any?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

but she was upset I spent time away from her in the garden and eventually was cancelled.

Man that some wording there

Yup, not sure what exactly got cancelled ??

I am assuming the garden got cancelled as the girlfriend was jealous of the time he spent away from her. well that kinda sucks.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

but she was upset I spent time away from her in the garden and eventually was cancelled.

I am assuming the garden got cancelled as the girlfriend was jealous of the time he spent away from her. well that kinda sucks.

I’ve been told that I spend too much time in the garden with my pepper plants.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

haha, you guys are funny. Yes, the garden got cancelled : D

A Working Pro since 2004

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

haha, you guys are funny. Yes, the garden got cancelled : D

Sounds like she didn’t like gardening.. Women need to spend more time in the garden.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve been told that I spend too much time in the garden with my pepper plants.

lol i thought the complaint was too much time on the car restore heh

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I miss plants.
    I remember when I left the program I was in, I brought home some 130+ plants (seedlings, cuttings, etc…) only to see the majority of those die within a few weeks of being out of the green house.
    I worked in a hydroponic supply store for a while and learned about growing “medicine”, and even picked up a sweet aeroponics system to use at home (for herbs and flowers, of course) but that all fell by the wayside as I got in to construction.
    Now we have a simple 6’x30′ garden that we tend to every season, and several raspberry and strawberry plants.
    Once we get in to a much larger home, I intend to get a greenhouse and hydroponic room set up.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well i started 3 trays of peppers this week. There will be a few more before im done

I got a couple of peppers started too.

Dirty

Doobie

I hope to rectify growing my own spices and some veggies in the next year or two in the summer months. I miss growing my tomatoes especially bad.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I hope to rectify growing my own spices and some veggies in the next year or two in the summer months. I miss growing my tomatoes especially bad.

i am all about beef steak tomatoes home grown ones taste the best, and have the best flavour. I want to start grown my own hot peppers instead of eating all of @58chev‘s

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@crotalusco wrote:

Well i started 3 trays of peppers this week. There will be a few more before im done

What kind did you start??

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m thinking of moving from my studio one bedroom to a shared house. The shared house will give me access to a backyard and garden. This is my plan.

A Working Pro since 2004

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I love my lawn. It is well cared for. I also have a big, old sugar maple out front which I tap for maple syrup every year (can get three taps into it no problem). I have about 700 sf of bed, some solely perennials, some mixed shrub, annual, perennial. I don’t have too many pictures, but I’ll have to post some this spring when everything comes up. This is a great thread to read through!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@crotalusco wrote:

What kind did you start??

@crotalusco

Dirty

Doobie

I used to grow my own Cayenne peppers. Then my cat caught wind of them. She would devour them from my garden once they got to a certain stage of growth. Leaves, fruit and all. All that would be left were the stalk and a few remnant branch/twigs. Had to stop growing them. 🙁

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I used to grow my own Cayenne peppers. Then my cat caught wind of them. She would devour them from my garden once they got to a certain stage of growth. Leaves, fruit and all. All that would be left were the stalk and a few remnant branch/twigs. Had to stop growing them. :(

mine ate my ghost peppers. Do they not feel the heat? I wonder what they taste when they eat them.

@r-ice yeah I miss them tomatoes too, I will try to find a spot in our backyard to grow some, nothing like fresh tomatoes, thanks for reminding me.
    I actually have two big planters for them, thinking of trying that.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I used to grow my own Cayenne peppers. Then my cat caught wind of them. She would devour them from my garden once they got to a certain stage of growth. Leaves, fruit and all. All that would be left were the stalk and a few remnant branch/twigs. Had to stop growing them. :(

So what you’re telling us is that you like your cat more than you like homegrown cayenne peppers? hahaha

I do know the feeling. Lots of the fruits/veggies that I try to grow get yanked by the squirrels/chipmunks before I can get to it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I saw this one at Sams club the other day,, I wonder what they grow in this kind??
    http://www.samsclub.com/sams/eco-garden-house-com-indoor-green-hs/prod19100087.ip?navAction=

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man @crotalusco that’s a kickin list of peppers you’ve got going there!! Where do you get your seeds from?? Pepper Joes??

Dirty

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

It’s funny how they do that. I had a few plants I was tending too once and right when they started to get some size and health to them, the cat came and ate them. I think they are just jealous

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 320 total)
  • The topic ‘Plants? You Got Any?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.881 seconds