dcsimg

Plants? You Got Any?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

This is my Pony Tail Palm. It has 5 base plants. I bought it when it was in a tiny 4 inch pot years ago. Now it’s already outgrown its current 15 inch pot. This plant never quits, no matter how much I neglect it. It will soon get a new bigger pot with fresh soil and fertilizer.

Pat

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This is my Pony Tail Palm. It has 5 base plants. I bought it when it was in a tiny 4 inch pot years ago. Now it’s already outgrown its current 15 inch pot. This plant never quits, no matter how much I neglect it. It will soon get a new bigger pot with fresh soil and fertilizer.

Oh I like those! They are hard to kill.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I started some peppers a few weeks ago by they are having a hard time. They were pounded with weather.

Dirty

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I have bananas, I usually get a bunch every other year. This is the year. Once a banana bunch grows the stock dies. But there is always a new shoot coming right after it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have a lot of bananas here. When the bananas are ready we use a machete about 2 feet up from the ground. Then cut the bunch of bananas from it. The new shoot grows form the cut tree.

Dirty

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I just built a paver patio extension for barbecuing in my back yard. There’s this ugly I-don’t-know-what kind of shrub next to a giant ficus tree near the border wall that I want to remove and plant herbs and peppers. This is a great area for growing peppers.

Pat

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

There are some great ideas here. I am going to have to take a stab at this and see if I can come up with something productive. I like the pepper idea as well.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There are some great ideas here. I am going to have to take a stab at this and see if I can come up with something productive. I like the pepper idea as well.

The peppers good funn. The capsaicin in them make you feel good and is good for your body in so many different ways! Please read up on it.

Dirty

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The peppers good funn. The capsaicin in them make you feel good and is good for your body in so many different ways! Please read up on it.

I was actually thinking of making a pepper sauce/paste thing. There is a Hungarian pepper paste that I love to eat.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

<P>There are some great ideas here. I am going to have to take a stab at this and see if I can come up with something productive. I like the pepper idea as well. </P>

<P>The peppers good funn. The capsaicin in them make you feel good and is good for your body in so many different ways! Please read up on it. </P>

<P>I was actually thinking of making a pepper sauce/paste thing. There is a Hungarian pepper paste that I love to eat.</P>

That stuff wouldn,t happened to be red in a squeezable tube is it ?

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nope, this:

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Peppers just poked through, that was fast!

Emma asked if we have to shoot the peppers before we eat them. That’s my girl.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I spent some time in the small backyard garden today, things are thawing out and I was able to get it turned a little bit and some of the ‘leftovers’ we missed from last year pulled out of there. Probably planting in a few weeks, but might see if I can get a hear start and get some stuff going inside. We have a south facing yard so I can usually get a nice pseudo greenhouse effect going with a small rack between the patio doors and the dark curtain behind it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve got a nice bunch of Papayas getting ready.

Dirty

Attachments:
    DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I just got 4 plants in the mail called ‘Scaredy-Cat/Doggy Gone’.
    They’re a type of coleus but they sure don’t look like coleus.
    They supposedly are repulsive to dogs and cats. I’m hoping they’ll confuse the dog walkers when their dogs refuse to pee on my lawn.

Pat

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I just got 4 plants in the mail called ‘Scaredy-Cat/Doggy Gone’.<br>
    They’re a type of coleus but they sure don’t look like coleus.<br>
    They supposedly are repulsive to dogs and cats. I’m hoping they’ll confuse the dog walkers when their dogs refuse to pee on my lawn.

Never herd of it. Anything is worth a try. Keep us informed on how well it works.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s very interesting. You could always have some form of electric fence so that when the dogs pee on it, well…..

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

That’s very interesting. You could always have some form of electric fence so that when the dogs pee on it, well…..

Would love to, but there are so many kids here that they would get shocked too.

Pat

I just got 4 plants in the mail called ‘Scaredy-Cat/Doggy Gone’.
    They’re a type of coleus but they sure don’t look like coleus.

Don’t have a problem like that – our battle is with the white-tail deer. You don’t know what they are going to like. We found they like lilies, much to our dismay for spring time flowers.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Would love to, but there are so many kids here that they would get shocked too.

They shouldn’t be peeing on the grass and bushes either.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 320 total)
  • The topic ‘Plants? You Got Any?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.746 seconds