dcsimg

Pictures of subway jobs

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Here are some pictures of subway jobs I have been on. Some are from downs view park and some are from black creek.

Getting the TBM ready to launch.

Cheers,
    Mark

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Wow that looks amazing. So massive, how fast can these drillers dig through Rick.

Doobie

I’ve got a client who works on that. Very nice “danger pay” in that line of work. Very cool stuff. Keep showing pics please! Which line are you working on?

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Take off

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Off to work

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

To kind of give you an idea of how long this thing is. Each picture was taken as far as the previous picture could see basically.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Still going. I’m missing the unloading station. The last 3 pictures are at the front where the ring are built.

Cheers,
    Mark

Doobie

Silly question. Where in the stretch of tunnel do you have your Johnies?

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Break threw.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Break down and do it all again 😃

Cheers,
    Mark

Doobie

You can show pics til the sun shines inside the tunnel, but answering some questions a member may ask is even nicer at times. 🙂

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

The last picture is us finishing up a tunnel rescue training session. I was always on the tunnel rescue team. If anything ever happens down there. The police/firemen/paramedics will not go underground. It’s up to us to get people out.

Cheers,
    Mark

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

The last picture is us finishing up a tunnel rescue training session. I was always on the tunnel rescue team. If anything ever happens down there. The police/firemen/paramedics will not go underground. It’s up to us to get people out.

Don’t they train for situations like this. I was unaware there were areas where our rescue personal didn’t go.

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Sorry I was getting all the pictures posted.
    @r-ice drilling speeds are all different. It depends on what type of ground you are in. Iv seen a push done in 5 minutes in sand. I have seen it take a whole day to do a push. A push is about 5 feet.
    @doobie I’m not working on the subway anymore. The last one I was on was at black creek and eglinton. There are no johnies lol. You have to go all the back out to the shaft to use one.

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

@r-ice No they do not. They will come and help on the surface that is it. We had to have a minimum of 8 people trained in tunnel rescue on the job at all times. Once a month we had to do a training session.

Cheers,
    Mark

Doobie

@doobie I’m not working on the subway anymore. The last one I was on was at black creek and eglinton. There are no johnies lol. You have to go all the back out to the shaft to use one.

That’s a pain. Nice excuse to get off work though. Or do they have rules or certain observances on that kind of thing to thwart abuse?

Mark8
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

There is no rule on it but they do have people watching for it. If they see you are going out more then once a day every day. Your going to hear about it or be looking for a new job. Plus your crew members are going to let you know about it. When your not there someone has to pick up your slack. They only send in enough guys to do the job. Sucks when people call in sick. We had to work 4 man short one day, it really sucked. Running around the whole machine trying to do all the jobs.

Cheers,
    Mark

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Great pics, looks like some very interesting work

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Thanks for the pic’s Mark. I see you got it figured out.

So you were the one responsible for the traffic congestion on Eglington. LOL

I can’t wait for MetroLinks to pull up and get out of there.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks for the pics, Mark, they were worth waiting for.

Are those tunneling machines built by Lovat?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.490 seconds