dcsimg

PHONES & The APPS We Use On Them

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I use the HD and Lowes apps

What do those apps do??

Nothing but help you spend money. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

BuildCalc has come up a few times…anyone want to describe what it does and why its necessary?

If you are Familiar with the Construction Master Pro that we use to do all of our construction math on. Well the Build Cacl is a much more intuitive and it’s on my phone so it’s always on me.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

Just help me find things now the apps I use for my work I can bore you to death with like fuel tax at certain location mile per state and so on and so forth

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

BuildCalc has come up a few times…anyone want to describe what it does and why its necessary?

If you are Familiar with the Construction Master Pro that we use to do all of our construction math on. Well the Build Cacl is a much more intuitive and it’s on my phone so it’s always on me.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/W_ygJlxWCNw?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

There’s another one for me to check out.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Construction Master Pro is useful.
    I also use another one called Construction Calc Pro. It’s handy for quick material and layout estimates for most common materials.
    I use Sketchbook X for illustrating changes or pointing out problems (use a photo as a “layer”, then sketch directly on to it.
    I use Joist for invoicing and estimates.
    I use Sketchup Viewer to show clients their design (on the rare occasion that I get to design something).
    I use Span Calc occasionally.
    I use Google My Business, FB Pages Manager, and Instagram to manage my online presence (small effect, but I hear that every little bit helps).
    I use an app called Timesheet to manage my work hours, Inkpad for notes, Drive and Drive pdf Viewer for manufacturer installation instructions and code references.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I use Sketchbook X for illustrating changes or pointing out problems (use a photo as a “layer”, then sketch directly on to it).

That one looks very useful,, I’ll have to research it to see how it works.

Dirty

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Aside from the Weather Network app, I only use two for anything work reated.

A simple fraction calculator for those days that my brain just isnt working 100% lol and Joist for invoicing and estimates. For a free app I find its absolutely great. Simple to use, looks really professional, email notifications when an estimate / invoice is opened.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/W_ygJlxWCNw?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”autoplay; encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

There’s another one for me to check out.

That’s a nice app, just checked out on my BlackBerry 10, not available, definitely going to update my phone.
    Lots of good apps I can get.

@asevereid
    thanks, definitely would like to look into that one.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This should add another dimension to connectivity….
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/5g-wireless-technology-1.4575838

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I forgot to mention I also use Google Keep & Drive. I also use Evernote. Google Keep & Evernote are similar. I like Google Keep as I can share stuff with my wife. Google calendar is another one I use alot. This helps sort my work schedule, kids activities and all appointment’s get shared between my calendar & my wife calendar

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Aside from the Weather Network app, I only use two for anything work reated.

I use multiple weather apps. Simply to compare their forecasts against each other. If they are significantly different from one another I know the weather predicted by any of them is iffy at best. When you’re working outside, this exercise can really help determine what to do or not do.

I use a Samsung Android, I use Microsoft OneDrive and OneNote to ensure I have the same facts and pictures on my phone as I do on my computers.

Will

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have a hard time with my phone and storage,,, I need to try to learn more about this.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I use a Samsung Android, I use Microsoft OneDrive and OneNote to ensure I have the same facts and pictures on my phone as I do on my computers.

This why I use Google Drive & Keep for. Also my photos get backed up on Google photos. The only problem I have is I need to delete them off my phone. I can access Evernote from my phone & computer. I limited to 2 devices.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I have a hard time with my phone and storage,,, I need to try to learn more about this.

You shpuld be able to add a micro SD card for more space to store stuff. I have a 64 gig card in mine with half of it loaded with tunes from my desktop PC and the other half to store pics and videos. I go in my phone settings and set it to save all pics and video to the SD card leaving ample space for the phone to have space for apps instead. This makes migrating to a new phone later a lot easier too.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You shpuld be able to add a micro SD card for more space to store stuff. I have a 64 gig card in mine with half of it loaded with tunes from my desktop PC and the other half to store pics and videos. I go in my phone settings and set it to save all pics and video to the SD card leaving ample space for the phone to have space for apps instead. This makes migrating to a new phone later a lot easier too.

I’ll have to look into this micro card,, mine has a slot for one I think.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ll have to look into this micro card,, mine has a slot for one I think.

Just find the slot and put in the card, then you can store all of your photos etc to the card rather than taking up room on your phone.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

This is such a good thread for learning. I am picking up lots of useful information every day. Thanks all.

I can’t get any of these apps on my old phone, so I recommended to my friend at work, the plumber, he download the build calc, we were playing around with it, I have to say, it’s pretty neat, amazing the things you can do with it,
    Definitely a app I’m going to get soon.

Doobie

Anybody recommend a FREE construction calculator that is good?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.420 seconds