dcsimg

philosophical quote of the day

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 1,039 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@jdw1865 this thread could be broken,,,,,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Test,,test…
    Edit,,Yup ,, broken.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

“I’m glad it’s finally hot enough to complain about how hot it is”.

Unknown quotes

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
    John F. Kennedy

what does it mean broken?

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Life comes with many challenges. The ones that should not scare us are the ones we can take on and take control of.”

– Angelina Jolie

Doobie

“When things are going well, something will go wrong.” – Chisholm.

“This is the first age that’s ever paid much attention to the future, which is a little ironic since we may not have one.”

– Arthur C. Clarke

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

He who dies with the most tools wins. :)

I think John S has us all beat there :-)

I think I heard “the most toys”. Kinda the same thing.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

“You don’t ask for all that you get. You don’t get all that you ask for. That shouldn’t stop you from working the hardest for what you wan’t the most.”
    ― Shefali Batra

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

monman1
    Pro

I’ve only had two rules: Do all you can and do it the best you can. It’s the only way you ever get that feeling of accomplishing something.

Colonel Sanders.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
    Benjamin Franklin

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

“If I told you I’ve worked hard to get where I’m at, I’d be lying, because I have no idea where I am right now.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie

“When things just can’t get any worse, they will.” – Chisolm.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I Believe
    I believe in the supreme worth of the individual and in his right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
    I believe that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.
    I believe that the law was made for man and not man for the law; that government is the servant of the people and not their master.
    I believe in the dignity of labor, whether with head or hand; that the world owes no man a living but that it owes every man an opportunity to make a living.
    I believe that thrift is essential to well ordered living and that economy is a prime requisite of a sound financial structure, whether in government, business or personal affairs.
    I believe that truth and justice are fundamental to an enduring social order.
    I believe in the sacredness of a promise, that a man’s word should be as good as his bond; that character — not wealth or power or position — is of supreme worth.
    I believe that the rendering of useful service is the common duty of mankind and that only in the purifying fire of sacrifice is the dross of selfishness consumed and the greatness of the human soul set free.
    I believe in an all-wise and all-loving God, named by whatever name, and that the individual’s highest fulfillment, greatest happiness, and widest usefulness are to be found in living in harmony with His will.
    I believe that love is the greatest thing in the world; that it alone can overcome hate; that right can and will triumph over might.

John D Rockefeler

Anonymous
    Inactive

“A lie told often enough becomes the truth.”

– Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears it is true.

– Robert Oppenheimer

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We’ve learned how to make a living, but not a life. We’ve added years to life not life to years. We’ve been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We’ve done larger things, but not better things.

We’ve cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We’ve conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We’ve learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.

Remember to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn’t cost a cent.

Remember, to say, ‘I love you’ to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
    Julie Andrews

Doobie

“He who started thread that is now breaking, should be one who starts next version where possible” – Anonymous.

Lol!

Some BTP unwritten rule. 😉

Thing is @jdw1865 – Jerry who started this thread hasn’t posted in over a month. 🙁

If you’re arguing with your wife and she says “wow”….

run.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,001 through 1,020 (of 1,039 total)
  • The topic ‘philosophical quote of the day’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.467 seconds