dcsimg

Permit Snitching – How do they really catch you?

Viewing 17 posts - 441 through 457 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Is the bottom of that door rusting or rotting?

I took a look again at some of the photos I have of the shed/workshop. I think what you might be seeing is grass or weeds. There is a section of eavestrough above the door. You would think this might help water run off from the door. I will find out more at the end of September.

I was thinking more about built up snow melt being the bad element.

You bring up a good point. Snow built could be a issue. Since the husband has been around for the last 15 years if the was any snow built up. I am sure it never got removed. So this should tell if there is a problem with snow built up causing any damage to the building.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The new work space would be 12 x 20.

That’s the size of my shop. Yes, I would like more room, but that’s always the case no matter what size shop you have. If you keep it organized and have places to put things out of the way that size can be very functional.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s the size of my shop. Yes, I would like more room, but that’s always the case no matter what size shop you have. If you keep it organized and have places to put things out of the way that size can be very functional.

I thought your shop might be that size. Right now it is 12 x 14. I thought it be pretty easy to put 6 x 12 addition without much cost really. I know what you mean about being organized. That will be my goal to have home for everything. It really isn’t possible to have a big shop at this place. Honestly we don’t know how long we plan on staying there.

Greg

Very good point about always wanting a bigger place , I have a two car garage , that’s my shop in the summer , but loose it for the winter , mind you , u can always have my wife and mil park outside for a few days if needed , it’s kinda tricky shuffling stuff around in the winter , but you are right , I find I’m always trying to get it organized and ready , oh well , until I get a dedicated shop like you guys , I’ll just have to make the best of it
    Just curious Jim , if you had to do it over , is there anything you would make different , aside from the size

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very good point about always wanting a bigger place ,

It is amazing to me how when you build a shop and it is empty you look at it and say man I’ll never fill this, and 2-3 years later you say man I need more space. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

if you had to do it over

Probably one less window. I love them but wall space is at a premium. The others would be a bit smaller too.

if you had to do it over

Probably one less window. I love them but wall space is at a premium. The others would be a bit smaller too.

Very true Jim , it’s nice to have natural light , but you are right , wall space is important ,

Could always add skylights 🤷‍♂️

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

if you had to do it over

Very true Jim , it’s nice to have natural light , but you are right , wall space is important ,

I like the way Frank Howarth has his shop. I would mind something similar.

Greg

Attachments:
    Doobie

if you had to do it over

I like that look as well. You still get light, and lots of it, and don’t lose any wallspace for the shop. Myself though, I’d still want some normal windows. Just so I can look outside also.

I’m about to build a small 2nd shed in the backyard. Still debating on what kind of roof I’m gonna go with. It’s a tight tuck under a huge maple tree in my backyard, and there are also aerial fed from the hydro pole cable/tel lines that are dictating things. So far, I’m looking at a double slopped roof style, but a single slant style may be the way to go. Still have to figure this out and make a decision in the coming days.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Frank is some sort of savant anomaly genius.

You actually step down inside his shop. 3 or 4 steps I think.

On windows. I really do like them and the view of the river. Pretty much north facing so I get softer, more diffused light. I would keep the windows as they are and have more wall space by having a bigger shop…said no one ever…lol.

On windows. I really do like them and the view of the river. Pretty much north facing so I get softer, more diffused light. I would keep the windows as they are and have more wall space by having a bigger shop…said no one ever…lol.

Yeah I watched the videos about building that shop , it’s definitely cool about being below grade , I forget what he did with delivery for big pieces of wood , and projects.

Doobie

Yeah I watched the videos about building that shop , it’s definitely cool about being below grade , I forget what he did with delivery for big pieces of wood , and projects.

Is this the guy you guys are talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3_VCOJMaivgcGqPCTePLBA

Never heard of him that I recall. If it is him, lemme know and maybe I’ll check him out later when I’m chillaxing late tonite over some beers in Doobie Man Cave II. Been a long week, and I’m feeling the urge to indulge tonite.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GTokley wrote:
    Boschmanbrian wrote:
    JimDaddyO wrote:
    Boschmanbrian wrote:
    if you had to do it over

Could always add skylights

I like that look as well. You still get light, and lots of it, and don’t lose any wallspace for the shop. Myself though, I’d still want some normal windows. Just so I can look outside also.

I took like to look outside too. But sometimes I enjoy a cool fresh breeze blowing in my shop then looking outside. I think in a small shop wall space is number then windows. I can get the cool fresh breeze with door open.

Yes that is right! He did it this way for 2 reasons. His shop was built where pool use to be. He thought his shop would be cooler if left it below grade. Also he want block the view from the house.

Yes!

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

if you had to do it over

Man that is a fantastic shop for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@doobie not a big deal , but just wanted to let you know , I quoted you and I assume because of the link it was pulled over 🤭🤷‍♂️

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3_VCOJMaivgcGqPCTePLBA

Never heard of him that I recall. If it is him, lemme know and maybe I’ll check him out later when I’m chillaxing late tonite over some beers in Doobie Man Cave II. Been a long week, and I’m feeling the urge to indulge tonite.

Yes that’s the guy , and shop build , he really built a nice shop.

Doobie

@doobie not a big deal , but just wanted to let you know , I quoted you and I assume because of the link it was pulled over

I just cleared it @BoschManBrian. Keep letting me know when this is happening.

Hopefully in time, the anti-spam software will ‘learn’ that you are not posting potential spam. I’m trying more lately to keep up with this than I was able to earlier this year.

What I’m also doing afterwards ‘sometimes’ is simply trashing these kinds of posts that discuss it. Just to clean up the threads from all this missing posts business. I leave it up for a while, and if I happen to see them hours or days later after I know member’s have seen them, I just trash them.

Trashing doesn’t affect any bad things on a member’s stats, nor do they lose their points. It doesn’t signal to the anti-spam software that maybe you’re a spammer, it just makes them disappear from non-staff view, and they get permanently purged automatically after 30 days or so.

In contrast, if we ‘spam’ a post, it tells the anti-spam software that that poster is maybe nefarious and it elevates the scrutiny of their postings. When we see good posts that get in the penalty box we want to clear, we ‘approve’ them, which is what tells A-Kis-Met, the add-on anti-spam software used on this forum, that that member’s post is OK.

A-Kis-Met catches over a thousand spam posts a month that none of us ever have to deal with. It works hard for us, but it’s obviously not perfect.

Viewing 17 posts - 441 through 457 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.893 seconds