dcsimg

PB120 questions

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Seems the PB120 are on sale. New ones can be had for $29 USD.

However I am not jumping in because it’s old (MP3 LOL) and I don’t think it has Bluetooth.

I am not on the Bosch 12V platform at all but it does have an AC adapter so I can plug it in.

But I want to know if in the future, I get on the 12V platform, with the PB120 plugged in, and with a 12V battery inserted, will the PB120 charge up the 12V battery?

EDITED TO ADD: This thread after hitting submit took 45 seconds to post, came back with a 502 error saying contact site owners with script errors etc…so I hit submit again, then it was rejected with a “duplicate post” message. There is definitely a handshake problem. It seems the better way to post a new one is to just post something like “Hello what’s up good morning” then go right back to edit the actual post with the real content you are trying to post. I don’t know why that makes it better faster but it DOES.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

This side of border the PB120 is expensive.
    Cheapest is $100 CAD on amazon.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t believe it can charge a battery that was one of the complaints on here when it first came out. From an amazon review

Only thing that could make it PERFECT would be the ability to charge a battery w/ the AC adapter plugged in, but if you already have BOSCH 12v gear you won’t regret picking this up.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s a good price , I don’t think it will charge the battery , you are right , they definitely need to get upgraded radios , a nice feature would be to be able to charge the smartphone while listening to the radio by batteries. I know it’s possible with the pb360 but it would be nice to see upgraded 18 volt PB180 and the little 12 PB120 that plus like you mentioned Bluetooth

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The PB120 is a great radio and that is certainly a good price provided you are on the 12V platform.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The PB120 is a great radio and that is certainly a good price provided you are on the 12V platform.

No doubt it is , the PB180 and PB360 are also great radios , just would be nice for a few upgrades 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Seems the PB120 are on sale. New ones can be had for $29 USD.

However I am not jumping in because it’s old (MP3 LOL) and I don’t think it has Bluetooth.

I am not on the Bosch 12V platform at all but it does have an AC adapter so I can plug it in.

But I want to know if in the future, I get on the 12V platform, with the PB120 plugged in, and with a 12V battery inserted, will the PB120 charge up the 12V battery?

<em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”>EDITED TO ADD: This thread after hitting submit took 45 seconds to post, came back with a 502 error saying contact site owners with script errors etc…so I hit submit again, then it was rejected with a “duplicate post” message. There is definitely a handshake problem. It seems the better way to post a new one is to just post something like “Hello what’s up good morning” then go right back to edit the actual post with the real content you are trying to post. I don’t know why that makes it better faster but it DOES.

I have a PB120 radio. It a nice little radio. No it will not charge the 12V battery. It would be nice if it did.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

No it will not charge the 12V battery. It would be nice if it did.

I have one as well. It is really an older design radio maybe like 6-7 years old by now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have one as well. It is really an older design radio maybe like 6-7 years old by now.

I have had my radio for couple years now.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have had my radio for couple years now.

I got mine on sale and because I had the 12V platform. It was inexpensive to get and works good. Also it fits into an L-Boxx

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I got mine on sale and because I had the 12V platform. It was inexpensive to get and works good. Also it fits into an L-Boxx

I got mine through BTP. I was wanting the PB180. With my approval they sent me the PB120. I am also the 12V platform. It is great radio for what I use it for. I don’t have a L-boxx for it.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t have a L-boxx for it.

There is a molded tray that has a big half box space and I’m pretty sure it fits in that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Regarding radios charging batteries.

There is not a single fact I can point to about this, but this is my thoughts on the subject.

Back with the original Power Box, the batteries were NiCad or NiMH. Simple chargers could easily charge them up without adding much to the bottom line.

Today’s high power Li-Ion batteries are some what (or a lot more) picky about their charging process. From my experience on the original Power Box, there was a good amount of shielding and moving around of components to suppress “noise” generated by the simple charger it had.

Now moving on to the much higher performing Li-Ion chargers, I am not sure adding the charger to the radio would be an effective solution in both cost and performance. Would the user pay extra for a charger that might not be as good as the one that came with the tool?

Again, my own random thoughts with my experience on the old school Power Box.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Would the user pay extra for a charger that might not be as good as the one that came with the tool?

Good point. The price point is a reality that must be dealt with. Fow what it is worth, DeWalt’s new 12V radio does not charge the battery either.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Regarding radios charging batteries.

There is not a single fact I can point to about this, but this is my thoughts on the subject.

Back with the original Power Box, the batteries were NiCad or NiMH. Simple chargers could easily charge them up without adding much to the bottom line.

Today’s high power Li-Ion batteries are some what (or a lot more) picky about their charging process. From my experience on the original Power Box, there was a good amount of shielding and moving around of components to suppress “noise” generated by the simple charger it had.

Now moving on to the much higher performing Li-Ion chargers, I am not sure adding the charger to the radio would be an effective solution in both cost and performance. Would the user pay extra for a charger that might not be as good as the one that came with the tool?

Again, my own random thoughts with my experience on the old school Power Box.

I actually loved my older power box , u actually funny how it sounds , but I miss the c/d player
    As for the charger , I never really used it for charging , I loved the dual bay 1/2 hour charger for the Ni-cad batteries. The old power box took around 3 hours to charge

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

but I miss the c/d player
    As for the charger , I never really used it for charging , I loved the dual bay 1/2 hour charger for the Ni-cad batteries. The old power box took around 3 hours to charge

I have an older PB as well, really like it. Never used it to charge batteries though as the dedicated charger is much faster.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.274 seconds