dcsimg

Pavers on raised Deck – Silca Systems.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Any idea if these pavers are made of the same material as the decking involved in the lawsuits?

The pavers are mostly recycled tires so, no, they aren’t at all the same as their decking. It’s a pretty neat product. I just installed a little bit of them for an outdoor shower. I couldn’t get my landscaper to take the project so I had to do it. The only frustration was sanding the joints. The sand really just vibrates through.

Doobie

There’s no steel deck frame system out there that a non welding homeowner can deal with, is there?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks like a great idea to me. I’m not a engineer but I would beef up the joists . It looked like they added extra joists in the pictures. I’m also wondering how long the greats would last.

Doobie

I’m also wondering how long the greats would last.

They’re pretty beefy imo. I bought one just to check it out first hand as pics don’t do it justice from their wenbsite.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I know that from working on cars and such it seems that in time plastic parts become very brittle and break easy. On the other hand pvc pipe and decking parts seem to last. I would like to hear some other thoughts about it.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Looks like the bottom of a milk crate

Doobie

VERY OLD THREAD WARNING.

Just to follow up for anyone reading this, I have abandoned the Silca grate system idea and I’m moving to clad my deck with the PaverDeck substructure system.

I started a new thread of this Paverdeck pursuit here in this thread…

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/paverdeck-raised-decking-substructure-for-paver-stone-clad-decks/

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.301 seconds