dcsimg

Paulk Total Station

This topic contains 23 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  supimeister 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Wow this seems to be the best of all worlds if you have the space. I love how its designed around the unified height model. Heck they even got the router table in there.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

that’s pretty cool. lots of versatility

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

That’s really nice, I’ve seen the older workbench before but if building new this would be the way to go for sure.

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

I am almost persuaded that this is the way to go.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

that is a great setup, I remember the original bench video. it would give you a lot of space and options in a small area.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice, looks like some steady improvements have been made. Wasn’t there someone here building one of the other benches that he has? I vaguely remember a picture of lumber and snow.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Nice set-up !

kzcarp
    Pro

Nice, looks like some steady improvements have been made. Wasn’t there someone here building one of the other benches that he has? I vaguely remember a picture of lumber and snow.

Guilty as charged. Now I have even more snow and a few nicely shaped pieces waiting to be put together.

kevin

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Guilty as charged. Now I have even more snow and a few nicely shaped pieces waiting to be put together.

kevin

Can’t wait until you get it done. I wanna see what you do with it. Come on spring!

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

funny that came up. I am just putting together the ultimate work station, I am trying to maximize usable space, in my trailer

woodman_412

That’s a cool setup. I like that it integrates the table saw and mitre saw all in one. There would be some sites though where there wouldn’t be enough space to set something like that up, especially indoors.

Dan

danpattison.com

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

Up that might not be an ideal situation on uneven terrain, also it looks heavy! But for what all it gives you once setup it could be valuable on a full build.

That is a cool set-up. He is a pretty innovative guy.

Orange County, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yea I like that setup! I bought the V1 plans and was pissed off when the V2 plans came out a month later. Now I see his long range plan. Not only to have more and more new clients but to have the buyer of the V1 plans and V2 plans to keep upgrading. I have started the V1 plans. By that I mean I have the 4- 4′ wide pieces of ply for the horses.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Yea I like that setup! I bought the V1 plans and was pissed off when the V2 plans came out a month later. Now I see his long range plan. Not only to have more and more new clients but to have the buyer of the V1 plans and V2 plans to keep upgrading. I have started the V1 plans. By that I mean I have the 4- 4′ wide pieces of ply for the horses.

I don’t think he is intentionally scheming to force people to upgrade (it would be nice if he offered an “upgrade” discount) – but I imagine he truly is simply improving his product and innovating it accordingly. Besides, since the foundation is still mostly the same, you could probably just modify it yourself with a bit of creativity to mostly match what he shows.

John S

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have started the V1 plans. By that I mean I have the 4- 4′ wide pieces of ply for the horses.

Thats a good start. Farther than I have gotten on the MF-TC I want to build. But I did pick up some plywood.

Personally I think that the V1 is the best one of the bunch. His V3 design looks slick, but in practicality I can see bumping into the Miter saw when ripping and having to move tools in and out all the time. I know from using MFTs that they can get crowded quickly with project parts and tools. I think his version one is clean and practical and that is what I would buy if I were going to build something. Just my .02.

Orange County, CA

Personally I think that the V1 is the best one of the bunch. His V3 design looks slick, but in practicality I can see bumping into the Miter saw when ripping and having to move tools in and out all the time. I know from using MFTs that they can get crowded quickly with project parts and tools. I think his version one is clean and practical and that is what I would buy if I were going to build something. Just my .02.

I think that is a fair critique… In trying to get it to be an all-in-one station you are inevitably going to run into issues. But if you have the space in your shop or outside to set up the V3, it sure seems like a pretty slick setup. THOUGH I must admit that the three legged horse is a great contender for an all around setup – especially since I believe Brian is continuing to develop additional improvements/attachments, like miter and table saw stations along with other things…

John S

Yeah…I think it is funny in his videos that all of them are set up — he has an amazingly big shop.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.610 seconds