dcsimg

Pants, shorts

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • Author

Shorts year round no matter what. I hate pants. Dickies is all I am ever seen in, work or play.

Yeah well you live in a climate that allows that. How many inches of snow did you get this year lol?

Yes I do, but I hate hate hate the heat. Why I am here? I ask myself that everyday. We were jipped out of winter this year. I think the all you guys back east took it! LOL

So we got zero snow IIRC. I don’t think we even got under 30° this year.

Ahhh…poor guy!…lol. I am so glad spring is here. It was sunny and 63 today and it felt great!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

All winter I wear jeans, t shirts and goodies. In the summer, I take my jeans and have them made into shorts (no cut offs, they are hemmed). In the late fall, I get new jeans again!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I love to use shorts all the time but looks like some hard hat long pants coming up.

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I wear these old baggy shorts because I use the pockets to carry my tools, phone and cigarettes. They’re getting threadbare, but I can’t find women’s shorts with pockets like the ones I have. No matter. They’re for work and if nobody likes the way I look they can do the job for me 🙂

Well, also it’s no different than the way I had dressed in the 80’s, except then I didn’t wear shorts. But I did wear sweat shirts with lots of holes cuz I worked hard then, too. Fortunately, it was in style to wear torn shirts then 🙂 🙂

Pat

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

What’s every one wearing to work these days? Jeans, shorts, cargo pants/shorts, khaki’s ect?

Lately all i wear are jeans. even in the dead of summer I’m building homes, decks ect in jeans and a t-shirt. I dont know why i dont wear “work shorts” maybe i dont think its professional but i cant see why its not. Maybe this summer i will wear some shorts to keep a little cooler.

What is everyone around here wearing?

Pants everyday, no matter the weather. I think boots and shorts look weird, or better yet fear it will look weird on me.

That’s my next problem of what the hell foot wise would I wear with shorts and still feel good around the job site. I guess ill really have to see what I’m doing each day and plan from there because new construction is often muddy/dirty till the end.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Carhart jeans year round. In the winter I add 2 pair of long underwear. don’t like working in shorts.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

If you guys haven’t tried the kilt, you WILL be surprised.

I have the Utility Kilt and it get’s worn a lot in the summer. There is a crew of roofers that wear them around here as well. The most comfortable, airy, cool item to wear on a hot day. The blakladder ones look OK as well.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ve also done more decks this winter then last summer. Figure that one out lol

People don’t tend to use their decks in the winter so they don’t mind waiting on them or getting them built.

I wear shorts as soon as the weather gets nice. I will wear Khaki pants to estimates though. It is just a little bit more professional.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

When i do tackle a job it really depends on the weather and what i am doing; if i need protection or can be more comfortable in shorts.

I do have a pair of the Blacklader Brawny pants and they are great.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

If you guys haven’t tried the kilt, you WILL be surprised.

I have the Utility Kilt and it get’s worn a lot in the summer. There is a crew of roofers that wear them around here as well. The most comfortable, airy, cool item to wear on a hot day. The blakladder ones look OK as well.

http://www.utilikilts.com/

Their workman’s kilt looks ok. The camo kilts are nice – I’m a sucker for camo, one of those may be my first work kilt.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

What’s every one wearing to work these days? Jeans, shorts, cargo pants/shorts, khaki’s ect?

Lately all i wear are jeans. even in the dead of summer I’m building homes, decks ect in jeans and a t-shirt. I dont know why i dont wear “work shorts” maybe i dont think its professional but i cant see why its not. Maybe this summer i will wear some shorts to keep a little cooler.

I wear sneakers most of the time. Brooks addiction walkers – most comfortable ones I’ve ever worn. Used to wear a lot of New Balance until they cheapened things up a few years ago.

What is everyone around here wearing?

Pants everyday, no matter the weather. I think boots and shorts look weird, or better yet fear it will look weird on me.

That’s my next problem of what the hell foot wise would I wear with shorts and still feel good around the job site. I guess ill really have to see what I’m doing each day and plan from there because new construction is often muddy/dirty till the end.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the funny thing about wearing shorts on the jobsite is that some companies dont allow their workers to wear shorts as part of their safety program.. more chance of cutting yourself.. some safety inspectors locally have shut down sites for guys wearing shorts..

the thing with that is, by making workers wear pants on hot days puts them at higher risk of heat stroke. there have been several cases of people passing out and even dying from it. i worked for one company that told us to wear pants but i refused.. i simply stated to them whats worse.. paying an extra 2% on your workers comp account this month if i get a minor cut on my leg or paying out $200,000 to me after i sue your ass if i end up in the hospital for a week from passing out from the heat while up on scaffold. they didnt say anything after that

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

can’t wait for it to be warm enough for shorts again.

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I wear shorts for the same reason. It gets too hot and then I’m miserable in pants.

I’m not looking forward to the days soon coming where it’s too cool in the morning to wear shorts and then is too hot for pants in the afternoon!

And I agree with you Kam. Shorts and workboots = no no.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

I rock the work boots and shorts all summer long – at my wife’s request I did quit buying 8″ boots and now go 6″. She isn’t a big fan of 6″ work boot tan line but she hated the 8″ tan line!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

hdpro
    Pro
    Upstate, NY

I rock the work boots and shorts all summer long – at my wife’s request I did quit buying 8″ boots and now go 6″. She isn’t a big fan of 6″ work boot tan line but she hated the 8″ tan line!

Just remember, beauty is sometimes only in the eye of the beholder! (Laughing)

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Pants, shorts

Their workman’s kilt looks ok. The camo kilts are nice – I’m a sucker for camo, one of those may be my first work kilt.

I’m thinkin that I could catch some lip from the bois on the job?

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

id think so @DirtyWhiteBoy lol

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

But looks like the ladies enjoyed the show. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

The one framer I know that wears a kilt has a t shirt that says “Yes, this is a kilt. And no, I am not wearing anything under it.”

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.501 seconds