dcsimg

Pants, shorts

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

What’s every one wearing to work these days? Jeans, shorts, cargo pants/shorts, khaki’s ect?

Lately all i wear are jeans. even in the dead of summer I’m building homes, decks ect in jeans and a t-shirt. I dont know why i dont wear “work shorts” maybe i dont think its professional but i cant see why its not. Maybe this summer i will wear some shorts to keep a little cooler.

What is everyone around here wearing?

A decent number of us around here have gotten either blaklader pants or shorts and have all been pretty pleased with them I believe – though sizing may be a little bit tricky in some ways…

Our reviews:
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/blaklader-shorts/
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/blakladder-pants/

John S

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I’ve seen that brand prior to being on here and have been interested in then. I’ll read those reviews and maybe order a pair!

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

During the summer I always wear shorts or track pants , something easy to move in . 🙂

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

For the most part shorts in the summer. I like ether cargo or carpenter style. That way I can keep my phone in a side pocket.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

SamM
    Pro

I wear usually wear jeans. Brown or kahki colored. Hides the dirt a little better and goes with my company shirt better too.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

in the summer i go with shorts all the way.. jeans are just too warm, once you start sweating its becomes harder to move in them

typically i buy levi’s cargo shorts, but since last year ive been wearing the blakladder shorts

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I think this is the year for shorts. I’ve seen some good options on this forum.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I always wear shorts in the summer. Once it hits 60 degrees and stays there the pants get put away and the shorts come out. Does anybody wear the Blaklader work kilt? I know a couple framers who love those things.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

I wear shorts year-round. Out here in the desert it’s rare to see me in long pants.

Pat

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I always wear shorts in the summer. Once it hits 60 degrees and stays there the pants get put away and the shorts come out. Does anybody wear the Blaklader work kilt? I know a couple framers who love those things.

I’m going to try a pair of their shorts with my points at some point. I see no reason to wear a skirt. I mean kilt

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

I wear shorts year-round. Out here in the desert it’s rare to see me in long pants.

Must be nice. I’ve been more bundled up this year then in many many years. I’ve also done more decks this winter then last summer. Figure that one out lol

Shorts for sure…same as Pat — warm here year round. I hate sweating in pants and it is uncomfortable working in them.

Orange County, CA

DesertDeuces
    Pro
    Indio, CA

Couldn’t resist posting this, LOL:

http://youtu.be/q2fizeoT22g

Pat

Carpenters shorts for sure once the weather is decent. As long is they are clean and not full of holes, I think shorts are acceptable to wear in warmer weather and do not look tacky.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

What’s every one wearing to work these days? Jeans, shorts, cargo pants/shorts, khaki’s ect?

Lately all i wear are jeans. even in the dead of summer I’m building homes, decks ect in jeans and a t-shirt. I dont know why i dont wear “work shorts” maybe i dont think its professional but i cant see why its not. Maybe this summer i will wear some shorts to keep a little cooler.

What is everyone around here wearing?

Pants everyday, no matter the weather. I think boots and shorts look weird, or better yet fear it will look weird on me.

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Shorts year round no matter what. I hate pants. Dickies is all I am ever seen in, work or play.

Shorts year round no matter what. I hate pants. Dickies is all I am ever seen in, work or play.

Yeah well you live in a climate that allows that. How many inches of snow did you get this year lol?

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Always have worn jeans…just the way I was raised I guess. I may have to try some of those
    Blakladers..

CrpntrFeak
    Pro
    Globe, AZ

Yeah well you live in a climate that allows that. How many inches of snow did you get this year lol?

Yes I do, but I hate hate hate the heat. Why I am here? I ask myself that everyday. We were jipped out of winter this year. I think the all you guys back east took it! LOL

So we got zero snow IIRC. I don’t think we even got under 30° this year.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.740 seconds