dcsimg

Pallet Shed

This topic contains 275 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  smallerstick 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 276 total)
  • Author

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

I started my pallet shed build today. Last fall I put in the patio stones for a base. The pallets sit on PT 4 x 4’s and are separated by 2×4-8’s.

Today was building walls. Next step will be top plates, door frame and roof.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Will have to follow this along. Just today seen a picture of one that was used for goats. Came out pretty nice

Clev08
    Pro

What are you going to use the shed for? Are the pallets strictly going to act as the framing or be exposed in or outside?

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@smallerstick good use of the pallets,
    What will you put over them as a finished product, and what about the inside

Looking forward to seeing this build

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Good use of those presumably free pallets. Going to use some to frome the roof too?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Interesting. I will have to see how it turns out.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Peter,
    Very interesting, looking forward to see what you have in store for the pallet shed.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Pallets are just the structure. It will have pine board and batten outside and unfinished inside. I will be using it for lumber storage as well as a utility garden shed.

I will be using some pallets for the roof, as well.

Pallets are just the structure. It will have pine board and batten outside and unfinished inside. I will be using it for lumber storage as well as a utility garden shed.

I will be using some pallets for the roof, as well.

</blockquote

Have seen pallets used for many types of buidings, but debated over doing it. Really interested in your final say so when this is done

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I’ve seen this done on pinterest and it can turn out pretty nice.

Keep us updated!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

This is really cool! Its going to be neat to see how you move forward from the bare pallets.

A Working Pro since 2004

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

My only comment so far is about the lack of precision in the pallets. There is maybe 1/2″ variation in the height all around. The top plates will not be pretty but with any luck at all will be level enough for a roof.
    It’s only 8 x 12 so what can go wrong? LOL

Total investment so far is $115.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

oday was building walls. Next step will be top plates, door frame and roof.

Great idea, especially if you got the pallets for free.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

My only comment so far is about the lack of precision in the pallets. There is maybe 1/2″ variation in the height all around. The top plates will not be pretty but with any luck at all will be level enough for a roof.

Peter,
    So your roof will have a very slight pitch to it? LOL
    Can’t buy a 8 x 12 shed for anywhere near that.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

interesting, so with a pallet shed will you skin the sides of it?

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Peter,

I’m planning a simple truss in about the centre and a clerestory style roof using the remaining pallets.

Sides will be pine board and batten. That will be the biggest expense, I’m sure.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Peter,

I’m planning a simple truss in about the centre and a clerestory style roof using the remaining pallets.

Sides will be pine board and batten. That will be the biggest expense, I’m sure.

nice my kiln will just have the ply as the side and i’ll end up just painting it. Where did you end up getting so many pallets?

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Peter,

nice my kiln will just have the ply as the side and i’ll end up just painting it. Where did you end up getting so many pallets?

I’ve been gathering them all winter. There are a couple of local merchants who have been very cooperative …. and glad to have someone take the used pallets away for them. Some are in grim condition but those can be dismantled and reused to repair others.

Clev08
    Pro

Yeah, I was going to say that I’ve never found pallets to be the exact same dimensions, but for $115 so far you are doing pretty good.

Interesting and as you point out an inexpensive endeavor. As with the others, looking forward to your progress and final product.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 276 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 3.258 seconds