dcsimg

Painting paneling

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

A good point is what Sheen I would use in the basement. I would have to decide that when I start the project. Hopefully this spring or summer. I need to paint hallway, dining room, and kitchen first.

We do it on rentals often. Pre is a bit of it, good cleaning and light scuffing depending on the paneling. Personally, I think Gripper is a little rough when dry as compared to some primers, but adheres well.

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

We use a high quality fast dry primer and roll out two coats.
    It dries quickly so—-Then we can quickly caulk.
    The caulk will set in 15 minutes so we can keep going.
    Then one coat of a high quality paint.
    Latex works great.
    If you put two coats of primer on before you caulk it will save you a ton of time and caulk.
    The primer will fill up the porus joints and show you exactly where to add caulk.
    Also primer is less expensive than paint so that saves $ to.

One day job!

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thank @Rob and everyone else for the suggestions. I cant wait to start it, but other projects come first lol.

Rob, good point about hitting it twice with primer.

Rob
    Pro
    Birmingham, Alabama

In your picture – about 2″ rom the left side – –The paneling was cut to finish the room and there was a small section that did not hide well. If you float over that to make it flush (with a light weight filler (two coats) and sand lightly before starting painting) the size of the ‘plank’ will be more normal and less noticeable.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

In your picture – about 2″ rom the left side – –The paneling was cut to finish the room and there was a small section that did not hide well. If you float over that to make it flush (with a light weight filler (two coats) and sand lightly before starting painting) the size of the ‘plank’ will be more normal and less noticeable.

I didn’t even see that. Good eye @rob. I will have to see the rest of the walls. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.304 seconds