dcsimg

Painting Laminate Floor

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Smathe
    Pro

I have recently covered up the floor with laminates. The quality was not that good as I went for the cheaper products.
    However, the material looks solid except for the paint chipping away. So I thought I can save money now in the pandemic by staining the laminate temporarily and replace them later on.

I read a lot of guides, watched tutorials, and finally made my mind to follow this method- https://thetooly.com/can-you-paint-or-stain-laminate/
    But the problem here is James Stuart recommends to apply primer before paint. As the solution is temporary, is it a must to use laminate primer or I can skip the step?
    I don’t want to spend more money than it is absolute necessary.

I’ve never heard about painting laminate floor , but I definitely would not skip primmer , that’s an important part of paint sticking properly ,
    I’d like to see the progress if possible to take pictures.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Are you staining or painting? I wouldn’t really recommend either. I would switch to vinyl planks.

Smathe
    Pro

Are you staining or painting? I wouldn’t really recommend either. I would switch to vinyl planks.

I was talking about painting.

The replies made me think again about the decision, btw.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have recently covered up the floor with laminates. The quality was not that good as I went for the cheaper products.

However, the material looks solid except for the paint chipping away. So I thought I can save money now in the pandemic by staining the laminate temporarily and replace them later on.

I read a lot of guides, watched tutorials, and finally made my mind to follow this method- https://thetooly.com/can-you-paint-or-stain-laminate/

But the problem here is James Stuart recommends to apply primer before paint. As the solution is temporary, is it a must to use laminate primer or I can skip the step?

I never heard of anyone painting laminate floor before either. I am sure it is do able. I saw where people painted plywood and unlayment and used for flooring in their cottage/cabin. It seem to last ok.

I agree with Ron I put down vinyl plank. I just bought some reasonable.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I read a lot of guides, watched tutorials, and finally made my mind to follow this method- https://thetooly.com/can-you-paint-or-stain-laminate/paint removers

Very Interesting!

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Yep….definitely smell bullshit here @chadm @doobie
    Fresh serving of sophisticated SPAM for ya.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Doobie

Yep….definitely smell bullshit here @chadm @doobie

Fresh serving of sophisticated SPAM for ya.

I looked around a bit, OP seems to be genuine Adam. He’s just linking to an article that he read that doesn’t look affiliated to himself in any way I can discern. Been a member since November and no other posts that look like he’s spamming in any way. @ChadM @asevereid

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

My apologies then….. Just really looked like spam. Especially if you look at the page in the link.
    Welcome to BTP @smathe

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

This paint, which is made specifically for laminate flooring, was recently introduced to me. You’ll also need primer and a high-quality sander to paint laminate flooring correctly. Matte is my preferred finish. A matte finish can give a space a soft look, while a high gloss finish can give it a sharp gleam.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.295 seconds