dcsimg

Painting kitchen cabinets

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Removed. Yah I’m not overly active anymore. My plate is pretty full but I do check in time to time

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Removed. Yah I’m not overly active anymore. My plate is pretty full but I do check in time to time

@jkirk Looks like you’re bustin a55 on a big commercial job. I’ve been on a state job myself bustin it!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Specializing in icf for a year now doing commercial work and residential icf homes.. that might change soon though I’m getting bored of it

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

I know a few people who have painted the cabinets , looks good for the first few years , but unless it’s done professionally , chances are it’s going to scratch ,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That post is just a mess,, @ChadM

Dirty

Doobie

Thanks Chad!

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I know a few people who have painted the cabinets , looks good for the first few years , but unless it’s done professionally , chances are it’s going to scratch ,

I painted our cupboards about 10 years ago. Only a couple of the doors have scratches on them. They have last pretty good.

I see lots of people are painting there cupboards now days.I have seen where someone is offering a service to paint kitchen cupboards.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Thanks Chad!

And you bust Hojo chops for worthless point grabbing posts,,, With post like that you should just let it ride.

With painting the cabinets, they really need to be sprayed with a very good cabinet paint Ben Moore has some good ones.
    https://www.diydecormom.com/benjamin-moore-cabinet-paint/

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

With painting the cabinets, they really need to be sprayed with a very good cabinet paint Ben Moore has some good ones.

I didn’t know there is paint for painting cabinets. I will keep this mind for the next time. I agree cabinets should be sprayed.
    I can’t remember what paint I used when painting the kitchen cupboard other we got it a HD.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I didn’t know there is paint for painting cabinets. I will keep this mind for the next time. I agree cabinets should be sprayed.
    I can’t remember what paint I used when painting the kitchen cupboard other we got it a HD.

Yes,, it is a bit expensive but it is a super hard paint that cleans very well. Painting cabinets with a brush or roller is really hack IMO.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Yes,, it is a bit expensive but it is a super hard paint that cleans very well. Painting cabinets with a brush or roller is really hack IMO.

I agree painting kitchen cabinets with brush and roller is back. But doing it as home owner. Is one hack I can live with. They should be sprayed to be done right.

Greg

Your process is good.

I know some painters, can talk to them if you want.

Doobie

I agree painting kitchen cabinets with brush and roller is back. But doing it as home owner. Is one hack I can live with. They should be sprayed to be done right.

IIRC, you can use a product additive to the paint called Floetrul – or something like that it’s called – that helps the paint even out for roller/brush work. I think LV carries it.

EDIT: Just noticed now how old this thread was in responding to that from a lurker reintroducing it back to life not related to this matter. Sigh!

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.469 seconds