dcsimg

Outside storage shed what to get?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Clev08
    Pro

I can’t imagine a woodpecker would enjoy trying to peck through hardie board siding. As for bees, I would caulk all of your exterior seams so that the bees can’t get behind or inside anything.

I would also go wood structures and either like @jkirk mentioned with pressure treated base ,or cement slab, I have had both, and either one, I have had little mice inside once,
    Just finish the outside in either material like a home.

Good luck, curious to see what you choose to go with.

Doobie

Thanks for everyone’s input on this. How do you keep Woodpeckers from putting holes in the wood shed if you have them around?

I be more worried about Carpenter Bees moving in.
    Woodpeckers don’t bother with either of my neighbours sheds.

I didn’t think about that and I have a 1 yr old son that I don’t want tog et stung if the bee’s, wasp. hornets build their nest’s

Should that ever happen, I know a non-invasive and non-chemical way of getting rid of them. I had some years ago in between the brick and wal sheating of my house. You place a plastic clear jar over their hole sealed to the surface of the house with electrical putty and they will spin around in the jar in the ensuing days trying to get out of the jar slowly starving the entire colony. If you were to just plug the hole alone instead, they would work to dig an escape otherwise which likely would be into the structure itself. They’re too stupid to figure out that the jar has no escape. This trick also works apparently for nests in the ground although I’ve never tried it for that.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Looks like I probably go with wood shed. Not a final decision, but leaning towards that from everyone’s input. I’m wondering how much more my home owners insurance will go up base on cement slab/floor or wood floor.

Doobie

Build your own out of wood. That’s what I’m doing.

Did you see what @doobie built??

And I hope to get back at it real soon now that we’re starting to get spring type weather. The siding is in my driveway ready for me.

Here’s an updated pic from where I left off working on it up until December.

keko
    Pro

I have wood shed with cedar siding 14×16 and its still to small.personally I would build a garage instead.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

WOW Doobie that looks great. Like on of those tiny homes. How does the neighbors like it since it’s a lot taller that the privacy fence? LOL

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I can’t imagine a woodpecker would enjoy trying to peck through hardie board siding. As for bees, I would caulk all of your exterior seams so that the bees can’t get behind or inside anything.

I have all kinds of woodpeckers in my yard and the don’t even go near my wood shed .

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

That’s good to know crandbrook2.

Not germane to the actual construction but if it is not going to be wired, check out some battery powered LED lights. There are some nice ones out there to help out in the dark.

Doobie

WOW Doobie that looks great. Like on of those tiny homes. How does the neighbors like it since it’s a lot taller that the privacy fence? LOL

You can read all about my neighbors here more or less.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/permit-snitching-how-do-they-really-catch-you/

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/permit-snitching-how-do-they-really-catch-you/

That was a heck of a saga

Got any inside shots of the shed?

Doobie

It’s hardly over. They’ve only ramped it up since they started and I have no reason to believe it will stop. They’re A-Holes!

It’s hardly over. They’ve only ramped it up since they started and I have no reason to believe it will stop. They’re A-Holes!

I think my parents, and their neighbours have you beat. Everyone involved is over 70, and that gives them a level of ornery that you just dont see in the younger generations.

Literal salting of the earth in gardens…..

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Looks like CB Jonn has set the bar,, you must raise the Bar.

Doobie

Nothing handy insofar as interior shots. It’s kinda crammed with stuff already.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@cranbroke2 that looks great. It’s all in the details looks like a miniture house.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Whatever size you decide on I suggest to go a bit bigger lol, You’ll be glad you did in the long run

That’s sound advice ! Whether it’s a shop, shed or garage, whatever you think is “big enough” never is

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

doobie, the dormer is cool not something you see often on a shed, its a good way of adding windows higher up to allow extra light but keep them up high enough so people cant see whats inside

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I would make it plenty big maybe some handles inside

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.501 seconds