dcsimg

Outside Electrical outlets question

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

The Electrician came by yesterday and installed 2 outdoor outlets for me. They also installed a outlet in the kitchen.

Happy to have this job done.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

The Electrician came by yesterday and installed 2 outdoor outlets for me. They also installed a outlet in the kitchen.

Another practical job done , definitely will be nice to have access to electricity when needed
    I don’t think I’ve seen those covers before , looks like it has a clear plastic cover in the middle ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Another practical job done , definitely will be nice to have access to electricity when needed

Yes for sure. It will be nice to electricity when needed.

looks like it has a clear plastic cover in the middle ,

Yes there is clear plastic in the middle of the cover.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It was nice to use one the newly installed outdoor plugs I had installed. It was nice just plug my little compressor into the outlet so could put air into the tires of bicycles tires. This saved me from running extension cord from the back of house where the only outdoor outlet is. Or taking all the bikes to the back of the house or the workshop to pump up the tires.

Greg

It was nice to use one the newly installed outdoor plugs I had installed. It was nice just plug my little compressor into the outlet so could put air into the tires of bicycles tires. This saved me from running extension cord from the back of house where the only outdoor outlet is. Or taking all the bikes to the back of the house or the workshop to pump up the tires.

Definitely makes a difference ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

For sure. Honestly I don’t how people live with outdoor outlets.

I had too install a outdoor outlet at my old place also.

Greg

For sure. Honestly I don’t how people live with outdoor outlets.

I had too install a outdoor outlet at my old place also.

Well they probably used hand pumps for bicycles , and dragging extension cords , I know I rarely use a compressor for my bicycles , usually only need a few lbs , but I’ll definitely use the compressor for the car tires 👍,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well they probably used hand pumps for bicycles

Yeah you could be right. I used a hand pump to put air in car tires before.

I know I rarely use a compressor for my bicycles , usually only need a few lbs ,

I normally would use my 12v air compressor I carry in the truck. It works great for jobs like this. I had to pump up 8 tires not just one. Each tire took around 20lbs to get up to normal tire pressure.

Greg

Doobie

Bravo! Job done to your satisfaction I assume?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Bravo! Job done to your satisfaction I assume?

Thanks Kevin. Yes job was done to my satisfaction. Other than it longer for them to get started on the job.
    Nice see you stopped by.

Greg

Doobie

Glad to hear that Greg.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Glad to hear that Greg.

I also had this company remove my old fuse panel and install a new breaker panel. They moved the meter from in the basement to outside the house also. It tool them a full day to do this job.

Greg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t know what Code you are under, but those boxes wouldn’t fly under the NEC.

They are required to be protected while in use type.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

They passed electrical inspection.

Greg

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Just goes to show how things differ here in the states.
    NEC code calls for.
    Receptacles in wet locations (exposed to weather) must be weather-resistant and have a weatherproof “in-use” cover. This cover provides sealed weather protection even when cords are plugged into the receptacle.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

NEC code calls for.

Receptacles in wet locations (exposed to weather) must be weather-resistant and have a weatherproof “in-use” cover. This cover provides sealed weather protection even when cords are plugged into the receptacle.

I used this type , mainly because like you mentioned , if something is plugged in when it’s raining or snowing , it gets wet , even though they are GFCI I still wanted it covered

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

NEC code calls for.

I used this type , mainly because like you mentioned , if something is plugged in when it’s raining or snowing , it gets wet , even though they are GFCI I still wanted it covered

That looks like it would be much better.

At my old place I have a outside GFCI outlet that did not provide weather protection even when cords are plugged into the receptacle.

One or 2 times I had it trip when a cord was plugged it. This happen during a snow storm.

Greg

NEC code calls for.

At my old place I have a outside GFCI outlet that did not provide weather protection even when cords are plugged into the receptacle.

One or 2 times I had it trip when a cord was plugged it. This happen during a snow storm.

Yeah , I don’t know why they still put those on homes here , exactly what happens , even if it’s GFCI , still exposed to the weather and elements , I actually had my pressure washer plugged in to the plug today , and not a problem with water being splashing on the plug , I bought another one for the garden area , I should actually replace the other two on the house with these types.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

NEC code calls for.

Yeah , I don’t know why they still put those on homes here , exactly what happens , even if it’s GFCI , still exposed to the weather and elements , I actually had my pressure washer plugged in to the plug today , and not a problem with water being splashing on the plug , I bought another one for the garden area , I should actually replace the other two on the house with these types.

How come you never changed all your outdoor plugs to this water resistant style plug?

Greg

NEC code calls for.

How come you never changed all your outdoor plugs to this water resistant style plug?

Mainly because I never really used most of them , so as long as they are closed , not an issue , it’s mainly when a plug 🔌 is left in them , I just changed the two of them that I generally use , the one in the picture is for the gazebo , and the other one is besides the garage in the front of the house for Xmas lights

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.316 seconds