dcsimg

Outdoor Furniture

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 413 total)
  • Author

It’s coming out great @redwood . Do feel your happy with the results so far to date . I’m sure theres always a change with designs . Love the chair slot spacers .

Always willing to learn .

redwood
    Pro

It’s coming out great @redwood . Do feel your happy with the results so far to date . I’m sure theres always a change with designs . Love the chair slot spacers .

I’ll let you know after I sit in them. I did end up using some larger dominos #8 x 50mm, where the backs tie into the side frames. The seat slats are just laying there now. I plan on screwing and plugging them. and of course I have the arm rests to attach.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I’ll let you know after I sit in them.

Are the seats going to be level ? I find that most outdoor type chairs are more comfortable if the seat has some pitch towards the rear

Doobie

Made some headway on my chairs this morning before a neighbor took my to my first hockey game.

Chairs are looking good.

What did you think of hockey?

redwood
    Pro

Are the seats going to be level ? I find that most outdoor type chairs are more comfortable if the seat has some pitch towards the rear

Yes the seats themselves are going to be level, the back is reclined. These will be used with a table. I read somewhere that dining chair seats should be level.

The hockey game was great. It was the Stockton Heat, a minor league team of the Calgary Flames. They won.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Made some headway on my chairs this morning

Very nice! It’s starting to look like a chair. Super good for a deck builder.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Made some headway on my chairs this morning before a neighbor took my to my first hockey game.

good job mark. the chair is coming along nicely. It definitely looks professional!

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Made some headway on my chairs this morning

Mark those chairs really look nice. Great job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Mark,
    Chair is looking good. Bet you wish you stayed home working on the chairs that spend the time at a hockey game?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Mark, you are really moving along with the chairs, they are looking very comfortable.
    How was the hockey game?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looking Good Mark!
    So what did you think of your first hockey game?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

@redwood wow very nice, I’m not surprised in the quality of work,
    Remember seeing some of your decks,

That is coming along great Mark. Nice work! Are you planning on any kind of finish on the chair?

Yes the seats themselves are going to be level, the back is reclined. These will be used with a table. I read somewhere that dining chair seats should be level.

The hockey game was great. It was the Stockton Heat, a minor league team of the Calgary Flames. They won.

\

Like the chair. Is the seat wide or is it the picture? It looks If it is wider I really like the idea.

Can’t beat a Hockey game when you go to see it. So much better than TV. Glad you enjoyed it

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Hey they are looking like chairs! You are doing a pro job for sure.
    Will you be using a cushion on the seat?

Doobie

Have you decided on a finish for the chairs yet Mark?

redwood
    Pro

I’ve decided to forego completion of the chairs to devote my full time to Hockey.

Like the chair. Is the seat wide or is it the picture? It looks If it is wider I really like the idea.

The chair is a little wider to accommodate the arm rest.

I really wanted to carve a little something in the backrest to give it that personal touch. Unfortunately, I’m not a carver and I’m afraid I’ll screw it up. That’s where the CNC machine will come along.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Doobie

I really wanted to carve a little something in the backrest to give it that personal touch. Unfortunately, I’m not a carver and I’m afraid I’ll screw it up. That’s where the CNC machine will come along.

What about getting a branding iron made up. LV has two types they can make up for you. Note they are Made in USA. You might find them cheaper from a US based source.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32191&cat=1,43456,43462

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32190&cat=1,43456,43462,32190

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Branding iron would be a really nice touch. As always Mark I am impressed with your work. The chair is looking great and wherever it ends up will be a nice addition.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

redwood
    Pro

What about getting a branding iron made up. LV has two types they can make up for you. Note they are Made in USA. You might find them cheaper from a US based source.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32191&cat=1,43456,43462

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32190&cat=1,43456,43462,32190

A branding iron would be fine, but I don’t want my name plastered on the back of my chair, maybe under the seat. I’m looking for something like a bear, deer, eagle or something like that.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 413 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.049 seconds