dcsimg

Outdated cordless tools

Viewing 17 posts - 181 through 197 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

No offense, but…………

What will that thing actually cut? The newer jig saws are not very expensive, and put anything that old to shame. I would bet my cordless with half a charge could double the cut rate of that.

Oh I don’t use it if that’s what you meant, I have two other jigsaws including a Bosch JS470EB.

Nice jigsaw. Thats the 7amp correct?.
    I have a 6amp

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have a 6amp

Yep 7 amp, the price is close enough to the 6 amp that I thought I might as well get a higher model. Would love the 572 but couldn’t justify twice the price of 470.

Great. I hardly use my jigsaw. But its there when I need it. Im satisfied with the model I have.
    Do you use your daily?
    I use mine every few months.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Great. I hardly use my jigsaw. But its there when I need it. Im satisfied with the model I have.
    Do you use your daily?
    I use mine every few months.

Not often, a few times a month. But I needed an upgrade anyway since my other one is a store brand jigsaw (mastercraft) that doesn’t want to cut where I want.

I hear you. Mine works great. Its about 2 yrs old and only used about 5 times.

whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

I purchased a pair of 26650 size LiFePo4 batteries from Fasttech for a portable boombox build. They are 3200 mAh each. Original NiCads for the B&D Snakelight are worn out. When the 26650s arrived the size seemed familiar; got out the light and it’s so close! Shorter than the B&D Versapak batteries and very slightly larger in diameter. The Snakelight has 4 fins running the long way inside the battery chamber, and the 26650 should fit if I shave those down, but I need a tamper-proof Torx bit to get it open.
    The original Versapak batteries are 3.6v, LiFePo4 is 3.2v per cell. Actually a bit higher off a full charge but then it drops to that level and stays there until almost exhausted. That steady voltage output is one of the advantages of this chemistry.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_iron_phosphate_battery

After getting a Torx T15 tamper resistant driver I opened up the old Black & Decker Snakelight and tried it with one of the LiFePo4 cells. It works, but has pitiful output and coverage compared to the Bosch FL12, or an inexpensive LED flashlight. Not worth the effort to modify it to neatly fit the battery. Into the garage sale pile it goes, along with the Dustbuster and detail sander that used the same Versapak batteries.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

I have a 6amp

Yep 7 amp, the price is close enough to the 6 amp that I thought I might as well get a higher model. Would love the 572 but couldn’t justify twice the price of 470.

The JS470 is a very good jigsaw anyways, I don’t think you will notice a significant difference between it and the 572. The 572 just has a few extra bells and whistles that don’t come standard with the 470.

Both models look great. Although I havent had the pleasure to use one
    Since I dont use much of the jigsaws.

I checked them out online the 470 doesnt have a hose attachment & the 572 does. I can see why that might be of importance to someone who uses them daily. I personally could do without.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

No LED either and the blower isn’t particularly strong.

The JS470 is a very good jigsaw anyways, I don’t think you will notice a significant difference between it and the 572. The 572 just has a few extra bells and whistles that don’t come standard with the 470.

Indeed, I’m very happy with it so far, accuracy is much improved over the other cheap one I have. There are a lot of neat features, like the air from cooling fan is redirected so when you get close to watch the blade, it’s not blowing towards your eyes.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Speaking of older tools, here’s something I picked up at yard sale. It prefers to jump up and down than actually cut anything, but again a shame to throw away so I kept it. The photos got shrunk by forum software so you can’t see it anymore, but it’s actually made in Canada.

I have the same jig saw and the matching drill. Both have the removable cords. Mine still work too. I like the ozone smell you get when you use those old brushed motors.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Attachments:
    svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I like the ozone smell you get when you use those old brushed motors.

The other day someone I met was getting his truck worked on at a neighbors (normal hang out for the cul de sac), and I made mention to the wife how I miss the smell of the old cars and carburators. She thought I was crazy.

That is a great feature (air redirected). Smell of old cars being worked and old brushed motors just gets the blood pumping. Although, it makes me want to work harder and longer, I dont no much about cars.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Speaking of older tools, here’s something I picked up at yard sale. It prefers to jump up and down than actually cut anything, but again a shame to throw away so I kept it. The photos got shrunk by forum software so you can’t see it anymore, but it’s actually made in Canada.

I have the same jig saw and the matching drill. Both have the removable cords. Mine still work too. I like the ozone smell you get when you use those old brushed motors.

Is your cord super stiff? Mine’s stiff enough that it’s hard to work with, not sure if it came this way or became this way over time.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Is your cord super stiff? Mine’s stiff enough that it’s hard to work with, not sure if it came this way or became this way over time.

No my cord is still very flexible. I still use my drill about once a year for old times sake.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

No my cord is still very flexible. I still use my drill about once a year for old times sake.

Hmm, so it must be the way it was stored by the previous owner, it’s so stiff you’d think it’s a solid core electrical wire.

Viewing 17 posts - 181 through 197 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.551 seconds