dcsimg

Outdated cordless tools

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

What do you guys do with your outdated or no longer used cordless tools ? I have a lot of Makita 9.6v drills, a 3″ trim saw, a flashlight and a box full of dead batteries. I hate to just toss everything, but I don’t want to buy new batteries.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

umm isnt this topic alredy being discussed in the corldess drill thread

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Did I miss something ?

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Yeah I dont think it would be worth new batteries. I would say craigslist or ebay. that or wait until your local yard has a trade in day.

woodman_412

What about that battery repair service that a link was posted for? From what I saw they will repair batteries cheaper than you can buy them for.

Dan

danpattison.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

These things are multiplying like rabbits !!! A friend stopped by last night and handed me a box…. 2 more Makita 9.6 drills/ chargers and 4 batteries. Only one batt takes a charge but dies quick. Same thing, he upgraded to 18v and doesn’t want to buy batts for the Makitas.

keep them for trade in deals – always great to save $50 when you give a company your old junkers!

John S

woodman_412

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any trade in deals around here. Where do you guys see them at?

Dan

danpattison.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I don’t think I’ve ever seen trade in deals either… but I have lots to trade in !!

some of the local places here in minnesota have deals where you can trade in an old tool for between $25 to $50 every quarter or so towards a bigger purchase, like $200 worth of dewalt tools or something like that… most common is for other cordless tools. i know hilti does it quarterly or so too.

John S

I Sell them or give away. Don’t like to give
    Away tools. Even if they don’t last long on
    a charge. People still buy them.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Dan, one of the Electical wholesalers had a trade in offer last summer. i was going to trade in a couple drills towards the makita cordless jigsaw however that shop only carries milwaukee tools so i didnt bother.

occasionally prime fasteners will do it with older nail guns but it usually requires buying a large amount of nails for that gun

woodman_412

How much was the electrical wholesaler giving towards a new tool Jeff?

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i believe it was something like 50% off but i cant remember the actual amount, that was about 8 months ago Dan

woodman_412

That’s a pretty good deal Jeff. Do you know what is in it for the company giving the discount? It just seems strange to give a discount on a new tool in exchange for tools that are pretty much worthless business wise.

Dan

danpattison.com

i dont know if this is the case, but sometimes companies do the % discount off of ridiculous msrp prices… some 4 tool combo kids cost msrp “$800” when really they normally sell for 400, or like 300-350 on sale…. etc – perhaps that is how?

John S

woodman_412

That’s a good point John. There are a lot of online retailers especially that have the “list price” which is way higher than anyone actually pays for the tool or kit. It makes the price that they are selling it for look better but most times the list price looks so unreasonable that it doesn’t really help anyway.

Any of the trade in deals that you guys have seen, are they a deal off the normal going price for the tool or off of an inflated price?

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

Dan, my guess is that its might be a way of getting people in the door to buy through them

woodman_412

That’s true Jeff. Similar idea to door crasher sales etc that are meant more to get you into the store so you’ll buy other things.

Dan

danpattison.com

rylim
    Pro
    Missouri City, Texas

My first cordless power tool is 14.4V cordless tool and it has become a scrap

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.676 seconds