dcsimg

Our Van Remodel

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Those brackets you made look like they work great as well for the tough boxes. I can’t tell – I assume you can take the middle boxes out without having to take out the one above it, right?

Also, do you use the dewalt cart to lug those tough boxes around? Does it just lay in the middle area?

It was impressive watching your video a second time and catching more of the small details that make your setup really convenient

John S

Those brackets you made look like they work great as well for the tough boxes. I can’t tell – I assume you can take the middle boxes out without having to take out the one above it, right?

Also, do you use the dewalt cart to lug those tough boxes around? Does it just lay in the middle area?

It was impressive watching your video a second time and catching more of the small details that make your setup really convenient

Yes the brackets let you take any box out without removing another. It was the one thing I didn’t like about the L-boxxes and the Systainers for this application.

We don’t have the Dewalt cart. I did buy a cheap folding cart but most times I don’t need to carry all of the tools in to a job at once so 1 at a time works just fine.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I see you have 3 stacks of T-boxxes in front on the wheel well, I only have room for two.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yes the brackets let you take any box out without removing another. It was the one thing I didn’t like about the L-boxxes and the Systainers for this application.

Very good idea makes the system that much more practical.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Reviving an old topic for an update. We traded in our old van earlier in spring for a new 2017 Ram Promaster! I love it! Of course we had to upfit it to our needs and wants. Wood floor, custom shelving, etc. It has been a great upgrade and wonderful to work out of. As a die hard Ford guy it was tough to choose Ram but I have been happy we did so far.

Andrew

Awesome van congrats . Love the spot for the squares behind that plywood wall . Did you make a spot for a miter saw . How do you like that HKC saw .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man your van came out super nice,, I need to up my game.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

we nice job on the van. staying organized saves a lot of time.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks guys! Yes @Skillman I do like the HKC! Used it framing our current house a ton!! Cut lvl beams, stair stringers, headers, etc. Could have a bit more power and if the blade was 1/8″ bigger it would actually cut through a 2x at a 45 but those negatives are small compared to how well it does what it does.

The van is an extension of our shop and clients are always impressed by how well it is organized inside.

Andrew

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m looking for a new van now because mine has some problems.

Thanks guys! Yes @skillman I do like the HKC! Used it framing our current house a ton!! Cut lvl beams, stair stringers, headers, etc. Could have a bit more power and if the blade was 1/8″ bigger it would actually cut through a 2x at a 45 but those negatives are small compared to how well it does what it does.

The van is an extension of our shop and clients are always impressed by how well it is organized inside.

Yeah thats an issue the 45 degree cut not making full depth from other guys as well .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Having any luck finding a replacement?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Reviving an old topic for an update. We traded in our old van earlier in spring for a new 2017 Ram Promaster! I love it! Of course we had to upfit it to our needs and wants. Wood floor, custom shelving, etc. It has been a great upgrade and wonderful to work out of. As a die hard Ford guy it was tough to choose Ram but I have been happy we did so far.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/GzNMNssfpqs?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Nice tour. Everything looks well organised and handy. A lot of thought went into it by the looks. I like the idea of keeping the drivers side sight line straight so sheet goods can be strapped to that side.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Great job on the van. A lot of thought went into your build.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That goes a long way toward inspiring confidence is a tradesman. Work habits are so important.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

I need/want to add an inverter to our setup. Our van came with 2 aux switches. They operate 20 amp fused relays. I purchased a factory harness to be able to tie into the factory socket to run an inverter. The inverter I plan to use is a 750 watt unit. It is just for running a charger or 2 while driving to the job. The nice thing about the factory upfit switches is they will shut off after 20 minutes of the van being turned off to save the battery.

My question is do you think I should mount the inverter close to the fuse and run a wire to the rear of the van for the 110v outlet where I want the chargers plugged in or should I run 10g 12v line to the rear and mount the inverter in the back? I know DC amp draw is a little different than AC and don’t want to burn something up. @theamcguy ??

Andrew

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Having any luck finding a replacement?

I’m still amassing funds.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My question is do you think I should mount the inverter close to the fuse and run a wire to the rear of the van for the 110v outlet where I want the chargers plugged in

The consideration will be heat dissipation. Inverters generate a bunch of heat so place the inverter where it is exposed to plenty of cool air. Then run your wires. If you do run a 10ga wire to the back make sure it is covered with plastic wire loom to protect it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My question is do you think I should mount the inverter close to the fuse and run a wire to the rear of the van for the 110v outlet where I want the chargers plugged in

The consideration will be heat dissipation. Inverters generate a bunch of heat so place the inverter where it is exposed to plenty of cool air. Then run your wires. If you do run a 10ga wire to the back make sure it is covered with plastic wire loom to protect it.

Thanks @theamcguy! I have an open shelf in the back I was going to mount it to. Do you think the 10g is beefy enough to run 25′ +/- to the inverter?

Andrew

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Do you think the 10g is beefy enough to run 25′ +/- to the inverter?

It should be plenty thick enough. See how many amps the inverter requires then calculate the distance and see what gauge wire is recommended. Should be able to find a chart on the internet. Kind of like figuring out the size extension corded needed to run your table saw on a site.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.299 seconds