dcsimg

Our Van Remodel

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 107 total)
  • Author

A couple months ago we decided it was time for a re-work of our van and its organization. We had been working out of it for the past 8 plus years like in the picture. It worked, was functional, and had some organization.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Here it is all stripped down and cleaned. Then we put down a new 3/4″ Advantech floor from behind the seats to the back doors.

Andrew

where’s the updated pics?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Nice clean re-start. Hope to see some L-boxxes in there!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Dosnt look as bad as some other vans i have seen. looking forward to some updates.

Nice clean re-start. Hope to see some L-boxxes in there!

I kindof feel bad posting this on this site, but no Lboxxes. We looked at all the systems out there and weighed out pros and cons for awhile before choosing. Ultimately it came down to the toughsystem. We went the tough system route for two main reasons. We also have a work truck and need to put tools in the bed. The toughsystem is weather tight should we get caught in rain or heavy snow. Then space is a premium. The only way to do that with lboxx or systainers is with individual shelves, and that eats up space quick. We wanted a system we could take out individual boxes without needing to move a whole stack. Hopefully you still enjoy the pics and I don’t upset Bosch too much.

Andrew

We modified one of the existing shelf units for small items, oir caulk organizer, etc. Then we built a wall for out bracket system for the boxes.

Andrew

Yeah Im not sure I have seen it all finished. Where are the pictures??

Drivers side is all tool boxes, passenger side is our main trim box, tool belts, cords, etc. Brooms and tracks are mounted to the ceiling, and the bulkhead has more cords and levels.

Andrew

Looks great man! When you have some time… Im curious to see just how much you can fit in the XL and also curious about the drawer model. Im thinking of getting both, but I don’t know if they will work for me.

Hopefully you still enjoy the pics and I don’t upset Bosch too much.

Naw it is understandable that you can prefer the dewalt tough cases instead. Though I talk about l-boxxes enough such that you just might have to cave in sooner or later 😛

Looks like a great setup – I assume you have to have the heavy duty dewalt cart – but I don’t see it?

John S

Looks great man! When you have some time… Im curious to see just how much you can fit in the XL and also curious about the drawer model. Im thinking of getting both, but I don’t know if they will work for me.

We use the drawer unit as our main fastener organizer. This isn’t for nails, those are in buckets in our trailer. We keep screws, tapcons, etc. in this. We cut down oil quarts to give us some more small fastener storage. Our trim box on the passenger side has cabinet screws, pocket screws, etc.

The XL boxes are our everyday tools. They hold quite a bit. I know Dirty keeps his Makita kit in his. Here is what is always in mine less the tool belt. I also keep my impact and an extra battery in there.

Andrew

MRenes
    Pro
    Vienna, Missouri

@overanalyze. Looks great. Enjoy seeing the transformation.

Hopefully you still enjoy the pics and I don’t upset Bosch too much.

Naw it is understandable that you can prefer the dewalt tough cases instead. Though I talk about l-boxxes enough such that you just might have to cave in sooner or later :P

Looks like a great setup – I assume you have to have the heavy duty dewalt cart – but I don’t see it?

We don’t have the cart. I haven’t needed the use and that thing is stupidly priced. Notice our homemade brackets? Way beefier than the Dewalt ones and cheaper as well. I am all for spending money on tools and equipment, but it better make sense or make me money somehow…lol!

Andrew

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

Nice job! I really like the layout, you have tons of room in there still for materials. I like the toughbox system and the custom brackets that you have there.

Love the system to mount the tracks to the ceiling…do you have any close-ups of the bracket you are using? I might steal this idea for my shop…great way to store a rail up and out of the way.

Orange County, CA

Love the system to mount the tracks to the ceiling…do you have any close-ups of the bracket you are using? I might steal this idea for my shop…great way to store a rail up and out of the way.

Thanks for the feedback! The walls of our van are plastic panels that had a seam at the ceiling line. The track edge fit in there nice. We went to the hardware store and bought some star handles, rubber bumpers, and small bracket to make a quick clamp. Mounted that to a block screwed into the ceiling crossmember. The long track needed a shim on the ceiling to keep it from bowing when clamped down.

Andrew

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That is fantastic! You did a great job and the mounting for the boxes is pretty slick. It’s nice to see a whole truck on one system no matter what it is. That’s the great thing about BTP as well, they don’t limit you to just posting about sponsors items. How would they ever learn why some systems work better then others, which is definitely the case for you.

Well done sir!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool from top to bottom, I like how ya put in the partition walls behind the seats too. Thanks for the pics, We like pics in here

Cool from top to bottom, I like how ya put in the partition walls behind the seats too. Thanks for the pics, We like pics in here

Yeah the bulkheads were an after thought. We decided to add them more for safety than anything. Now that they are in, I don’t mind them and they add some valuable storage. Between the passenger seat and bulkhead we have an inverter mounted for chargers. We left the middle open so that we can still haul 12′ goods if we need to.

Andrew

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.331 seconds