dcsimg

Our Spring/Summer 2014 Reno

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 417 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

no we got bbq chicken, ,,meat lovers and hawaiin.. dirty delivered it with teh blonde girl

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Lunch crew came today Plus a pretty lady came to hang out.

Wow that’s nice! Way to halt production…

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Lunch crew came today Plus a pretty lady came to hang out.

Wow that’s nice! Way to halt production…

Yea man, definitely slowed down after lunch. But completed all the days tasks, so we’re good

Carpenter-Hockey Fan-Cheap Beer Connoisseur

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

We don’t have a state labor board

We have a Provincial Labour Board

Edit:

Also, seasonal jobs don’t have to pay extra for OT, they are allowed to pay regular hourly here.

Construction is considered seasonal

That’s crappy.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Edit:

Also, seasonal jobs don’t have to pay extra for OT, they are allowed to pay regular hourly here.

That’s crappy.

That can make for some long days. Are there any rules that say how much and employer can work and employee?

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Edit:

That’s crappy.

That can make for some long days. Are there any rules that say how much and employer can work and employee?

Not that I know of. I’ve seen new construction residential roofers do 12 hour days 7 days a week.

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Went backto the basement job today. She wanted the old metal pipe chimney gone. There was no fire place inside anymore.

There was a chimney through the over hang here this morning..

NJBuilder
    Pro
    Brick, NJ, 500,000 HAM

Edit:

That’s crappy.

Not that I know of. I’ve seen new construction residential roofers do 12 hour days 7 days a week.

That’s a lot of work lol.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

they do it that way here becasue it can be pretty cut throat.. most builders will offer crews several houses at a time for a set price. the other thing is how the industry is seasonal for quite a few contractors.. most roofers here are full tilt from april to october some of which run several crews but come winter they keep maybe a handful of guys..

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

they do it that way here becasue it can be pretty cut throat.. most builders will offer crews several houses at a time for a set price. the other thing is how the industry is seasonal for quite a few contractors.. most roofers here are full tilt from april to october some of which run several crews but come winter they keep maybe a handful of guys..

yup. Our town house roofer runs 15 guys in the summer and only 2 or 3 through the winter

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

12 hours a day would never work here, too many neighbors to complain about noise.

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

I did 13 today, Dirty haha.

11 on site at regular job, then 2 getting material and setting up for a small deck job I am doing.

Funny thing was, I wss dead tired, picked up some dinner on the way home… now I am full of energy again. Don’t know what to do.

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Edit:

That’s crappy.

It varies state to state but in Ohio an employer is allowed to require employees to work almost any amount of overtime.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

your full of energy brutus? go buy me some cider then

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Those are some brutal hours that wear on you week after week.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Went backto the basement job today. She wanted the old metal pipe chimney gone. There was no fire place inside anymore.

Glad you got that cleaned up. Looks good.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Those are some brutal hours that wear on you week after week.

A lot of those guys will go fishing when they aren’t roofing, too. Usually lobster. Then they take 2 months off.. brutal life, but some guys make it work.

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

Glad you got that cleaned up. Looks good.

Thanks, home owner was really happy. Took lots of pics. Some of which I had to ask her not to share because I may or may not have been doing things the way the Labour Board would like…..

I am off today due to weather. Got 3 sheets of drywall to hang at the deck job and some siding to fix where we put new windows yesterday. But it’s raining, and not worth the hour round trip of driving to hang 3 sheets haha.

Monday going to the basement job to put on a few pieces of siding where the chimney came off that were already damaged and homeowner didn’t have extra. Then off to the deck job to do that drywall and siding. Possibly trim if I have the time.

Tomorrow, my labourer and I are doing our own thing. Under deck enclosure. Should be pretty fast.

This is my last week with the labourer before he leaves on his next adventure. Farming in the Caribbean

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This is my last week with the labourer before he leaves on his next adventure. Farming in the Caribbean

And your not going with him?

Brutus
    Pro
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

And your not going with him?

He really likes this job he has with us now, so I told him, he can stay here as me, live in my zplace, drive my truck and van…and I’ll take his wife to the Caribbean…he said no… jerk haha

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.248 seconds