dcsimg

OSHA Tip of the day

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

OSHA sucks. They try to make so any wasted druggie can work wasted without getting hurt.

Well said.

I have no experience with the OSHA but since you guys are are saying that I’m glad.

A Working Pro since 2004

staker
    Pro

Bach pain and neck pain are tough to deal with when working. I use to see a ciro all the time until they couldn’t help, I would be out of alignment a few hours later.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Bach pain and neck pain are tough to deal with when working. I use to see a ciro all the time until they couldn’t help, I would be out of alignment a few hours later.

I go and see the real pros!! The Thai girls are the best at massage.
    No funny stuff here.
    http://pinthaimassage.com/

staker
    Pro

Looks like a good place. When I was in China A had the best massage ever. my problem is 3 ribs pop dislocate from the spine, and when the put them back they don’t relax the muscle and it pops it back out. Ok if I have acupunture before ciro treatment.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I go and see the real pros!! The Thai girls are the best at massage.
    No funny stuff here.

http://pinthaimassage.com/

That’s the real deal there. We don’t have anything like that I’m aware of in my area. Worth the money

A Working Pro since 2004

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I am pleased to see the OSHA tip of the day on top of the feed when I logged in today.

My tip of the day is: Don’t elevate a ladder on top of a scissor lift.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That made me nervous just watching it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@kurt@welkerhomes.com wow at he should have his safety glasses and safety sandals on lol. It’s scary at some of the non safety work that goes on.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

I am pleased to see the OSHA tip of the day on top of the feed when I logged in today.

ha ha cant say ive never done this

Anonymous
    Inactive

Holy crap, Maybe that’s why we have OSHA. Although I don’t agree with a lot they say, But here’s a prime example of some people do need to be protected from themselves

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wow, at least he has shoes on in this picture. Seen some and they are up there barefoot. Crazy stuff.

A Working Pro since 2004

I work in a big company 3500 employees, maybe 500 unionized shop people. Every thing from journey men / women. To forklift drivers, machine operator, machinist, carpenter, electrician, plumber and so on. We are fortunate that they give us yearly training on many aspects, slings and cranes to material handling, toxic chemicals, any way, like all your opinions, it is good that they try to make our work days safer, but again on that note, sometimes they push the limit and do not listen to what the employee says, he / she can and can’t do. Ex drill press guards, and other safety rules that sometimes do not permit us to do our jobs. But it is important to always check your tools and work area before we begin, one of my co-workers was working on a big magnetic drill to drill steel, simple align the drill with the hole to drill, turn the magnet on, then turn the drill on and go. But the guy before his shift took a shortcut, just turned off the magnet, so when my friend aligned the drill and turned it on, it starts and to late he has already lost part of his fingers. So be careful for us and the next person, more importantly your family at home. Sorry about the long post

Anonymous
    Inactive

I work in a big company 3500 employees, maybe 500 unionized shop people. Every thing from journey men / women. To forklift drivers, machine operator, machinist, carpenter, electrician, plumber and so on. We are fortunate that they give us yearly training on many aspects, slings and cranes to material handling, toxic chemicals, any way, like all your opinions, it is good that they try to make our work days safer, but again on that note, sometimes they push the limit and do not listen to what the employee says, he / she can and can’t do. Ex drill press guards, and other safety rules that sometimes do not permit us to do our jobs. But it is important to always check your tools and work area before we begin, one of my co-workers was working on a big magnetic drill to drill steel, simple align the drill with the hole to drill, turn the magnet on, then turn the drill on and go. But the guy before his shift took a shortcut, just turned off the magnet, so when my friend aligned the drill and turned it on, it starts and to late he has already lost part of his fingers. So be careful for us and the next person, more importantly your family at home. Sorry about the long post

I used to work in the same environment and we used to use those magnetic drills on occasion, They’re great but heavy. Although I never used one personally I’ve been around them when peeps did, I was thinking the switch wouldn’t allow it to be turned on without activating the magnet first but I guess not. Man that had to suck

@Dabbs yeah poor guy, he has about 1/2 missing from his index finger and about 1 in from his mix finger, he has to live with that now. But this was Years ago I would say easily 20 years, since then, those drills have been replaced with the newer model that has the method you mentioned.

I got my OSHA 30 cert last week. learned a lot but took it all with a grain of salt.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Good to hear from you @MKE Voltage drop in more often

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Todays tip “DON’T DO THIS”

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=895792413805552&fref=nf

Now that’s a geterdone attitude!! Gotta love people that want to eat. As we talk down about it we buy most of our stuff that come from 3rd world countrys that have no OSHA…….. And we wonder why it’s so cheap.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now that’s a geterdone attitude!!

Gotta agree with you Dirty, when you have to get it done you come up with stuff.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

OSHA tip of the day Always use your table saw blade guard!

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.626 seconds