dcsimg

Oscillating spindle sander

This topic contains 118 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  crotalusco 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • Author

Wow, I didn’t think the Rigid was that big. Looks much larger than the Dewalt.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Just a quick update on my Rigid. The thing still rocks but it’s a DUST machine with the OEM DC. So I made my own using an under table bosch router DC. Works GREAT!

IMG_3298 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

woodman_412

Just a quick update on my Rigid. The thing still rocks but it’s a DUST machine with the OEM DC. So I made my own using an under table bosch router DC. Works GREAT!

That’s awesome Brad, great idea! Looks like it would pick up all of the dust. I’m thinking of using that same part to make a over the blade dust collection attachment for my stationary table saw.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I thought I recognized that DC shroud! Nice job Brad. I have an old Ryobi that is surprisingly efficient at collecting dust. It’s just a spindle though…no belt.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Ya, I am going to trim it up a little so the flange doesn’t stick out so much but it makes a world of difference. Love this combo with the planer on the bottom

IMG_3288 by Brad Taylor[/url], on Flickr

Brad T

woodman_412

That’s a really great setup Brad with both machines on one stand. A great space saver for sure. Nice job!

Dan

danpattison.com

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

That is a nice modification for sure. How are you keeping it in place? It that a screw holding it down to the plastic throat plate?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That is a nice modification for sure. How are you keeping it in place? It that a screw holding it down to the plastic throat plate?

Two screws into the metal “stop”. It’s a removable part that you can put pieces up against so the sander doesn’t rip them out of your hand.

Brad T

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wonder if that would work with my belt sander as the one on it now is about useless.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Ya, I am going to trim it up a little so the flange doesn’t stick out so much but it makes a world of difference. Love this combo with the planer on the bottom

That’s a very nice mod. I’m looking out for a sander like that.

Good idea combining the 2 machines on one table.

@thedude306

That’s some quick thinking. Is it dramatically improved to the point you don’t really get a lot of over table dust compared to using the below table DC port on the machine?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

It is dramatic. I will have to get a video. That below table DC is a joke even hooked up to the big DC.

I hooked this up to my iVac control on the rigid with a gate for it or the mitre saw and it’s GREAT. I should really investigate the auto switching gates.

Brad T

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is dramatic. I will have to get a video

Looking forward to that.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

It is dramatic. I will have to get a video. That below table DC is a joke even hooked up to the big DC.

I hooked this up to my iVac control on the rigid with a gate for it or the mitre saw and it’s GREAT. I should really investigate the auto switching gates.

I really like the microswitch controls used in this video..

Look at about the 5 min mark if you want to skip ahead

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Well not the best video. It works..

Brad T

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

great idea brad with the DC system. i noticed it too that the stock DC is not really working. all the dust is on the left side of the machine/belt
    i picked one up couple weeks ago from HD for $50 and i noticed when the belt is running…the hole mechanism wobbles. no quiet sure why it does that.
    i can upload a video too

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I got mine on sale as well and I am really happy with it.

I was doing some more sanding on it today and when using both DC it was almost dust free with the belt sander. I need to come up with a better mount for using the spindle. Overall I am very happy with the machine.

Brad T

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

i just came back from the garage to make a video of the wobble from the machine…
    it kinda disappeared. so weird, im glad it fixed itself.
    i just just it a couple times so far but im really pleased with it.
    the DC on my sander needs an upgrade for sure! 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

That is a nice size sander for most shops, and your dust collection setup looks like it would capture the dust really well.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for the video Brad, looks really dust free.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.661 seconds