dcsimg

Oscillating spindle sander

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 119 total)
  • Author

I have a General benchtop sander. I think that the Ridgid at HD would be a good one – it always gets top reviews and overall folks seem happy with it. The General works well, but it has a little more vibration than I would like. It does tilt, though.

Orange County, CA

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

the old porter cable hand held spindle sander was interesting however i never tried one. Maybe one day ill find a used one cheap

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

the rigid finally went on sale with a price drop at our local HD

I’m going to pick one up!

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

the rigid finally went on sale with a price drop at our local HD

I’m going to pick one up!

I’ve got a buddy who has one of those and loves it. I went to buy it last year at my local HD as it was on clearance and somebody had already scoffed it. They haven’t had it since.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

That’s why I am heading there tonight. Stock shows 1 and I called to put it on hold!

Brad T

DrCoolhand
    Pro
    McAllen, TX

@thedude306 there was one on clearance a few months back, just after I finished my last guitar build. And I thought “nah, I probably won’t build another guitar.”

I’m such a fool.

Yes, my name is Luke. No, you are not my Father.

staker
    Pro

Was at a friends tonight and seen he had a rigid and ask him his thoughts and ha said it was a toy. I have the little general and its small but not a toy, it’s got some power.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

yup, I agree, it’s a toy. Should fit right in for the $$ and what I am going to use it for.

I don’t want it for production, just casual, rare use. This thread is over a year old and I have only REALLY needed a spindle sander once.

If I get one job out of it, it’s paid for.

Brad T

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Brad very tempting for sure

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Woohoo. Even better. I got another 10% off for an open box. 179 so I am very happy.

Brad T

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

Sweet deal Brad be sure to give it a workout this weekend

Congrats! You are going to like it. I have one already and love it. Don’t forget it is a belt sander too. A great buy especially with the 10% discount, etc.

The belt sander portion is what makes it so cool in my opinion. Problem with these little sanders is you can stop the belts without much pressure. I have a crummy Delta and a can stop the disk part of the sander with my finger. Zero power…

Orange County, CA

woodman_412

Sounds like you got a sweet deal Brad. I’ve always looked at spindle sanders but never got one. I have a small benchtop drill press that the quill is a bit worn on so I use that as a dedicated drum sander rather than putting the wear and tear on my big drill press. I’ve thought before about making a foot pedal that I could make the drum oscillate with.

Dan

danpattison.com

Awesome deal Brad. Man I wish I jumped on that when I had the chance down here. Has anybody tried the Wood River one over at Woodcraft?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Woohoo. Even better. I got another 10% off for an open box. 179 so I am very happy.

Way to go Brad. Good deal. I like saving money on tools. I use the money saved to buy more tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

I love mine when I need it. Nothing else will do. I can go many hours between ever needing it, but when it’s time, it’s the tool to use and no other in practicality.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Has any one made one of these flip top rollong carts?? Looks like a good option for my dewalt and new toy.

FlipStand2 by thedude306[/url], on Flickr

Brad T

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have seen a few made on other sites. They seem to work very well. I think its about the best cart/bench for them.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I made a cart for the DeWalt planer but the top is fixed. Same with the Rigid sander. Put a door and shelving underneath on one and drawers on the other to give myself storage. The flip top is a neat idea if space is an issue.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.498 seconds