dcsimg

Options for redoing exterior breezeway

This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  MrFid 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • Author

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Now there’s a thought. I could definitely see that working. Thanks for suggesting that. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that sooner haha.

The good thing with the pavers they won’t rot. I can’t talk about the process because I don’t live in the cold where the ground freezes.

Yeah got it. Pavers behave well up here too if they’re installed correctly. My current thinking is to reverse the swing of the storm door (a drawback but I don’t see a good way around it), build up a landing and stairs facing front, and do pavers where the current decking is. If I end up going with a wooden landing/stairs, I’ll need four footings and a small ledger board below the doorway. Thanks for all the advice. I am taking an imperfect situation and making it better, but not making it perfect. It would take major action to have a perfect situation from how I see it. Thanks to all who chimed in. If anything else occurs to anyone I’ll gladly listen to advice from this group. Thanks fellas.

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.239 seconds