dcsimg

Onsite Air Filtration

This topic contains 87 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Doobie 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Author

So far I am pleased with the unit. We set it up in the kitchen we were demoing today. We put it on high and ran it all day. Here is the filter at the end of the day. It seemed to help the dust in the air settle faster. I am sure there are better units out there, but so far so good. It is quiet too. Wasn’t annoying at all to leave it running all day. We set the timer to run for 2 hours as we left for the day to help clean the air at the end of the day. The timer seems like a nice feature.

Now can you imagine that dust filter machine and how long you did without it for so long . From picture it looks like it did the job for around the price point.

Always willing to learn .

does anyone know of any empirical testing on this stuff?

So I finally ordered the custom filters for this guy. We had to buy 3. Ended up around $100 for the 3. They are washable. With 3 when one gets dirty we can swap in a clean one and wash the dirty and still have a backup. The build quality of the filter is great. Perfect fit.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Wasn’t annoying at all to leave it running all day.

It is quiet and easy to transport.

You did well choosing that one based on how quiet it is. Some are annoyingly loud and end up getting not used when they should as a result.

My old JDS purrs like a kitten at low and medium speed and is quite tolerable at high speed as well. A friend of mine went with a house brand and he never uses it because it sounds like a jet engine even at low speed.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I wonder how that one compares with the Build Clean unit that I think it was Chad was using??
    I know the Build Clean was a bit more money.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I wonder how that one compares with the Build Clean unit that I think it was Chad was using??

Maybe me and @overanalyze will have to meet somewhere in the middle of Ohio and have a “dust-off” to compare the two units…lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

You did well choosing that one based on how quiet it is. Some are annoyingly loud and end up getting not used when they should as a result.

My old JDS purrs like a kitten at low and medium speed and is quite tolerable at high speed as well. A friend of mine went with a house brand and he never uses it because it sounds like a jet engine even at low speed.

Which JDS model?

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Which JDS model?

The 750ER. I think it is this model they have now which has been updated. Mine’s a different colour and the remote is older as well.

http://jdstools.com/product/air-tech-hp-2/

I put mine on slides so I can move it out of the way for retrieving/pulling wood that is stored in an overhead storage area on both sides of where I located it on my ceiling.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I think the Build Clean may work better but the one OA has would be better for standing on there fore making it a multi tasker.

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Maybe me and @overanalyze will have to meet somewhere in the middle of Ohio and have a “dust-off” to compare the two units…lol.

Chad how often do you need to use the Build Clean on your jobs?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hilarious @chadm !! Ready, set, filter…haha!

I have no doubt the BuildClean unit is a better unit. This is not a HEPA unit, but I do not have near the money in our unit.

I still would have prefered the BuildClean but it wasn’t available when I wanted to make a purchase.

We have even thought of adding a second unit since we have extra filters.

The noise is not an issue. You can hear it, but it isn’t loud.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Chad how often do you need to use the Build Clean on your jobs?

I have used it on every interior demo I have done since I got the unit, maybe 10 or 12 demos. It has been set up in a couple garage cut stations, a few drywall jobs, some miscellaneous stuff…

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Housewright Construction

Which JDS model?

The 750ER. I think it is this model they have now which has been updated. Mine’s a different colour and the remote is older as well.

I put mine on slides so I can move it out of the way for retrieving/pulling wood that is stored in an overhead storage area on both sides of where I located it on my ceiling.

Very cool. Having trouble finding a Canadian supplier. Know of anyone who carries it?

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Well @utopia78 chris can attest to it, a 5hp ridgid vac paired along with the dust deputy just isnt enough to suck up the dust from a cup grinder as it is going along.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hilarious @chadm !! Ready, set, filter…haha!

Some days after lunch I need a filter with a lot of carbon in it.

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Which JDS model?

Very cool. Having trouble finding a Canadian supplier. Know of anyone who carries it?

Nope. I bought mine from TJV in Mississauga 10 years ago or so. They are no longer around. The JDS is the design that evrybody else imitated. They are great units made in the USA!

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Here is the dust collection for our job during finishing. Two air cleaners and a vac with cyclone for each saw. With an additional vac for the handheld tools.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Here is the dust collection for our job during finishing. Two air cleaners and a vac with cyclone for each saw. With an additional vac for the handheld tools.

I like that collapsable miter saw shroud. Is that from Fastcap?

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

Yes, those things are awesome. Takes up some space, but well worth it.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Yes, those things are awesome. Takes up some space, but well worth it.

That’s what I hear. I want the type for using a 10in wet tile saw indoors myself, but they’re a bit pricey for how often I’d need one.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.945 seconds