dcsimg

One of those days

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 301 total)
  • Author
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks to everyone for your comments and best wishes.
    I got back last night from the big city hospital after having surgery on Wednesday.

Glad to hear you are home now. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Phil.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and best wishes.
    I got back last night from the big city hospital after having surgery on Wednesday.

Glad to hear you are home now. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Phil.

Same here, good to see your home, and a speedy recovery.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@toolshead…just got caught up with this thread, and hate to hear this happened to you. Hope you’re feeling better, and hope your recovery is short.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Neat hardware.
    Looks like the hardware for scaffolding, but with 3/8″ tubing.
    Internal fixation is plates and screws. External, they drill through the solid bone and any pieces, in one side and the other, and run a rod through.
    I got pics today, but they’re still on the phone. I can’t get to the other computers to edit, so it’s going to be slow on the couch with this laptop.
    I’ll have a post marked Enter at Own Risk if it contains skin.
    Maybe tomorrow.

Man you really did do it.
    Well the good news is when you’re in the external fixator it should heal up good, it keep the distance good and you should end up with the least disability. I had one on my arm to hand once. At first it was really sad to see and clean the holes in my arm each day.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Well the good news is when you’re in the external fixator it should heal up good, it keep the distance good and you should end up with the least disability.

They’re using it to hold some stuff in place while the swelling goes down so they can do surgery.
    A 9″ spike goes through the heel. Two long screws go into the bone on the front of the leg.
    Then it gets cool.
    Between the spike in my heel and the screws at the top they’ve got two vertical rods. The hardware works just like the knuckles that scaffolding is assembled with where the angles and positions are variable and then they tighten down.
    Yeah, doing the daily cleaning is kind of Frankenstein.

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

Had a fall of my own today. Standing on the top of a 4′ ladder(Stupid, I know), and it kicked out from under me. Luckily no damage.

Well the good news is when you’re in the external fixator it should heal up good, it keep the distance good and you should end up with the least disability.

They’re using it to hold some stuff in place while
    A 9″ spike goes through the heel. Two long screws go into the bone on the front of the leg.
    Then it gets cool.
    Between the spike in my heel and the screws at the top they’ve got two vertical rods. The hardware works just like the knuckles that scaffolding is assembled with where the angles and positions are variable and then they tighten down.

Sounds like the Cheeseburger(Swivel Cheeseborough Pipe Clamp) clamps we use in theatres to hold battons together. Probably the same thing they use on scaffolding.

Sure hope the swelling goes down soon so you can have the surgery and get on with the healing.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

It is truly amazing what surgery can do nowadays. I had microfracture on my knee and was back at work in 7 days. Take your time and heal up completely. I am still going to physical therapy, and trying to be as easy as I can so mine can heal completely.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man it was rough for me at first. I’d look at my hand not knowing if it would ever work again and just be so so sad not knowing how I’d feed my kids.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Hope the swelling goes down and you can have your surgery soon. Wishing the best in your recovery! Thanks for the update.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Man it was rough for me at first. I’d look at my hand not knowing if it would ever work again and just be so so sad not knowing how I’d feed my kids.

lol stop scaring the guy, he’ll be fine, modern surgery is a miracle, he will be fine.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Just read through this thread…. wow Phil ! Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery

Toolshead
    Pro

If you get a external fixation we’ll need pics.

<P>Man I hope he’s OK. He has not checked back in. Maybe bedridden and all hoped up on meds??</P>

A present for @DirtyWhiteBoy – because without pix, it didn’t happen.
    🙂

–Enter at Your Own Risk!–

It’s really kind of neat, though – when it’s on somebody else.

One of the frames even has my new Bosch router in it – still sitting in my living room.

Attachments:
    TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Ouch!

Do you get to keep the hardware?? 🙂 Looks like it would make a good circle cutting jig 😉

--Steve

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

oh wow that makes me cringe…. lol.. how does it feel having the rods connect to the pins inside?

@Toolshead wow Phil, that looks nasty, once again wishing you a great recovery.

@Dustincoc
    glad to hear nothing bad happened.

redwood
    Pro

Dang, those are some big rods. I’m never getting on a ladder again.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Toolshead
    Pro

Do you get to keep the hardware?? Looks like it would make a good circle cutting jig

I had planned to ask, but hadn’t seen a use yet. Great idea. Or a pantograph?
    Wife was in the field until about 10 years ago. I told her of your post and she laughed – there’s somebody else that would do it. She said some parts were autoclaved and reused like the rod holders, others could not be, like the bone screws. I won’t know until I ask.
    Price was high then, and I can’t imagine that they’ve gone down.

<P>oh wow that makes me cringe…. lol.. how does it feel having the rods connect to the pins inside?</P>

Pins go into bone, bone has no nerve, so, no feeling from that.

However, there are lots of nerves around it. Skin, muscles, etc. Broken stuff all over inside grating on them.

Calf muscle is torn, and can’t just lay it down. Sleep deprivation set in a couple days ago.

I’d like to see how a drug dog would react around here.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

OUCH!!! Yup that’s gonna take a while..
    Dam that’s hard to look at.

SamM
    Pro
    Halifax, NS

Yeah, that’s pretty cringe-worthy. Only thing I’ve seen worse was the guy on the other site who got his hand stuck in a Baler.

Foot/Leg injuries suck though. Hopefully you’ll be able to sleep soon.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Hurts just looking at it, must feel pretty weird to have something sticking out of your skin eh?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.625 seconds