dcsimg

One of those days

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 301 total)
  • Author
    jaydee
    Pro
    Spencer, Ma., happy 2015

Phil, take care of yourself and do Exactly what they tell you.

I broke my ankle 15 years ago, rushed back to work, broke a screw they put in ankle, needless to say recovery lasted a long time.

take it slow, and recover fully, and watch out with those pain meds, JUST sayin.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

take it easy till the docs say you can do what you want to do, don’t rush it. Haste makes waste as some say.

TimelessQuality
    Pro
    Central America, (Kansas)

Yeah… definitely don’t push it. Hope it’s a quick recovery!

--Steve

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Hope your getting lots of rest and nursing back to health.

A Working Pro since 2004

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Hate trips to the ER.

We need an update.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Hate trips to the ER.

We need an update.

I hate spending time in the ER, the wait times kinda suck.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man I hope he’s OK. He has not checked back in. Maybe bedridden and all hoped up on meds??

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

so sorry to hear that! I have fallen off my ladders several times with no injuries (yet). But a few years ago I was ripping up carpeting and it was late, so I was carrying it out to the truck (it was too heavy) and I sprained my ankle. tore everything up pretty bad. so I totally feel your pain, literally! good luck, and follow your dr orders & take it easy. you will heal faster!

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I have a flier on Grunenthal 5% lidocaine medicated plaster, it’s not approved in Canada but duno about US, maybe look into it.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Hope your doing ok. Glad it was only a ankle. My neighbors friend fell off a ladder from the second step and it killed him!
    Might as well try to enjoy the down time. If your like me you just sit and think of things you want to be doing.

SamM
    Pro

could always be worse for sure. I’ve been lucky so far but I know a few guys who’ve done similar.
    One guy worked for me, had previously had a ladder go backwards. Landed on his feet, one foot on the grass, one on the driveway. split the bone in his heel (bad break).
    Height doesn’t make much difference, as some have said. I had a guy on one job have his ladder split out from under him. 4 steps up. real bad sprain, two years till he was walking fine again.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Doobie

Man I hope he’s OK. He has not checked back in. Maybe bedridden and all hoped up on meds??

Do they not somewhat prohibit radio electronic transmission devices in hospitals? He may simply not be allowed to get online.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Hate trips to the ER.

We need an update.

That makes two of us , I get my share of visits there every year lately .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have read that most jobsite accidents happen off of a ladder. That’s why I’ve had so many ladder safety courses.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Do they not somewhat prohibit radio electronic transmission devices in hospitals? He may simply not be allowed to get online.

I don’t think he’d be in the hospital that long, perhaps he is under the influence of medication after the treatment at the hospital and not quite lucid to be on.

Toolshead
    Pro
    In the Rice Fields, South TX

Thanks to everyone for your comments and best wishes.
    I got back last night from the big city hospital after having surgery on Wednesday.

man that does suck.. ankles are a nuisance.. how much downtime are you expecting 4 to 6 weeks . then rehab

What I have is often called a ‘pilon fracture’ in which the weight from above just drives down through what’s under it.
    It’s… a mess. Guessing 8 weeks to start bearing weight.

That modern chemistry can be a lifesaver at times, but you’re right – it does have an adverse effect on the spelling skills…lol

Yeah, and that was with voice-to-text! 🙂

Terrible news Phil! What are they saying they heal time will be? Cast or Surgery?

A couple months until I can bear any weight. Depends on how the second surgery goes.

I’ve had the missus take me to the ER too many times. Scares the hell out of her.

My wife has learned over the years. If I delay in answering if I want to go, keep asking until she believes me.

Sorry to hear your ankle is all messed up.
    If you get a external fixation we’ll need pics.

Neat hardware.
    Looks like the hardware for scaffolding, but with 3/8″ tubing.
    Internal fixation is plates and screws. External, they drill through the solid bone and any pieces, in one side and the other, and run a rod through.
    I got pics today, but they’re still on the phone. I can’t get to the other computers to edit, so it’s going to be slow on the couch with this laptop.
    I’ll have a post marked Enter at Own Risk if it contains skin.
    Maybe tomorrow.

Thanks to all, again.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

What I have is often called a ‘pilon fracture’ in which the weight from above just drives down through what’s under it.
    It’s… a mess. Guessing 8 weeks to start bearing weight.

Oh man, that’s bad, a mess is an understatement. Hope it heals up fine.

Speedy recovry @Toolshead!! At least you are at home now.

Doobie

Speedy recovry @Toolshead!! At least you are at home now.

Ditto on that. You get well soon!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

wow I hope you get better soon, don’t rush it. Now think about it, every time you get on a plane you’ll beep and have to explain to them you aren’t smuggling something in.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.432 seconds