dcsimg

Once again, BTP and Tapatalk

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Hey there BTP staff, there’s still feed/content issues with the Tapatalk plug in.
    There are never the most current posts on the feed.
    When I open a topic /thread it takes me to the last post even though my preferences are set to “Jump to first unread”.
    I really appreciate being able to view BTP, and I think many others so as well ; these little details would make a world of difference.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I used to use tapatalk quite often but i am finding lately it is crashing alot on my android, it is crashing enough that i just go to the forum via chrome. I don’t find it updates other forums very well either.

bethepro
    Keymaster
    Mt Prospect, IL

Unfortunately we have nothing to say when an app like that doesn’t work well. I understand that it is convenient from a smart phone, but we have no control over it. We installed the code for it to work with our platform, the rest is up to the Tapatalk folks.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but it really is something that is out of our control.

Cheers,

jim

Email us at bethepro@bethepro.com

I have had problems viewing other forums on the app and gave up on it. It seems like something bad was going on with the updates for the app.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Thanks Jim.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I’m downloading it now for my Windows phone. Will see how it works for me.

A Working Pro since 2004

I use Safari app and use that to be on bethepro using web . I never really had any good luck with Taptalk .

Always willing to learn .

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I don’t understand why someone would need to use that app? The web and mobile versions have always worked well for me.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

I don’t understand why someone would need to use that app? The web and mobile versions have always worked well for me.

The mobile version forces the size of user name column, so when there are several quotes this is what it looks like.

I am part of another site and we have the tapatalk thing available too but I do not use it. Just like Jon says, the mobile BTP site works awesome for me. But…..I do get the really weird compression version when there’s multiple quotes in a post. I’m okay with this, I’ve heard a lot of complaints about that app so I’ve just figured it’s easier doing it his way,

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I am part of another site and we have the tapatalk thing available too but I do not use it. Just like Jon says, the mobile BTP site works awesome for me. But…..I do get the really weird compression version when there’s multiple quotes in a post. I’m okay with this, I’ve heard a lot of complaints about that app so I’ve just figured it’s easier doing it his way,

When I’m reading a thread that starts to appear like the one above, I just turn my phone sideways…screen gets wider and there is more for text. It’s certainly not a perfect solution, but it does help.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Looks like tapatalk is having lots of issues, not just With BTP

When I’m reading a thread that starts to appear like the one above, I just turn my phone sideways…screen gets wider and there is more for text. It’s certainly not a perfect solution, but it does help.

Thanks Jon! I always check the site on my iPad but I never think to go landscape mode, I always hold the thing like a book.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Back when you had to buy it, tapatalk used to be good, simplistic and fast. In later versions they keep adding features with complicated UI and completely defeated the purpose. I reinstalled an older version so it’s usable.

I don’t know how much control does BTP has over the software, just resize the left column and perhaps disable avatar would be fix it.

BryanT
    Blocked
    Lake Ariel, PA

Had issues with Tapatalk myself. That’s why I am not using it anymore.

BryanT

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

I know the Tapatalk interface is beyond BTP control… But now it seems that I can no longer (currently) attach images to replies.

Test :

Nope… The option doesn’t even appear.

Doobie

I know the Tapatalk interface is beyond BTP control… But now it seems that I can no longer (currently) attach images to replies.

Test :

Nope… The option doesn’t even appear.

Glad I never tried that program a second time when I switched phones. It didn’t work properly on my Blackberry.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I gave it a try but as others said found the BTP mobile site to be very friendly for browsing and participating in the forum.

I assume if your using tapatalk for other sites then you would want to add the BTP forum as well.

A Working Pro since 2004

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I hate taptalk. I never use it for any forum. You always miss so much compared to using a browser.

Doobie

I hate taptalk. I never use it for any forum. You always miss so much compared to using a browser.

I agree. I felt it was more for those who are using their phones a lot for browsing, which I rarely do nowadays. Eyes aren’t as good as they used to be and once I got a tablet, problem solved for when I’m not at my desktop!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.655 seconds