dcsimg

Oil drain Plug HELP

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Why would anybody use a one way/security plug for any oil changing port though, makes no sense.

It must not be the oil changing plug@#*& I bet there’s another one some where on the motor.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Why would anybody use a one way/security plug for any oil changing port though, makes no sense.

It must not be the oil changing plug@#*& I bet there’s another one some where on the motor.

Yep you’re right Dirty they do not want you to remove that plug.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

My snow blower has the Tecumseh snow king engine and it has a 1/4″ pipe with a cap to drain the oil. The pipe extends past the edge of the machine to keep the oil from running all over. Photo tonight.

I can not believe that you would have to suck the oil out of a machine. It has to have a drain plug.

So I looked at the other side and I think I found the plug. The manuel says the left side. Ok looking at it or running it ?

If that is the right plug have to remove the tire. I’m going to go to the library and see if I can get a Clymer or other service manuel. The documentation from Huqvrana is poor at best.

If you do your oil change can you take a pic please.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

So I looked at the other side and I think I found the plug. The manuel says the left side. Ok looking at it or running it ?

If that is the right plug have to remove the tire. I’m going to go to the library and see if I can get a Clymer or other service manuel. The documentation from Huqvrana is poor at best.

Sounds about right, crankbook mentioned his manual says right tire needed to be removed to change oil.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

You could ask on their FB page.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My snow blower has the Tecumseh snow king engine and it has a 1/4″ pipe with a cap to drain the oil. The pipe extends past the edge of the machine to keep the oil from running all over. Photo tonight.

I can not believe that you would have to suck the oil out of a machine. It has to have a drain plug.

The left side would be as you’re running it, Sounds like were starting to get somewhere now. But, We saw the ‘drain’ plug in your first picture. It’s the square drive plug below the yang yang cap, Although there could be another one on the opposite of the engine too. Either one will work, My concern is have you found the ‘fill’ plug/cap yet? It should be on the opposite side of the engine from the yang yang and have two nubs sticking up to turn it

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Yup the fill is well marked and the oil stick is an easy find.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh cool, I didn’t know you found that yet.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I went out to the shop last night to see where my drain plug is and the manual says to remove the left tire to drain the oil properly :-( That doesn’t seem very well thought out .

I’ve got to try to winterize my dingo this year by myself, and this conversation is making me nervous to try it. I do have a hard time with the oil…will find out the rest soon.

What’s a dingo? I mean I know what it is in Australia, but that doesn’t seem like something you need to winterize lol.

It’s kind of like a small Bobcat. There are a bunch of attachments available for the front end.

Ah I see, first time I’ve heard they are referred to as dingo.

It’s just the Toro brand name. Not really a Bobcat as you stand behind the unit rather than riding on it.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

There are a lot of various manufacturers of them, The Category is actually “Compact Utility Loader” they are wheeled or tracked and come under names like Toro, Ditch Witch, Boxer, Mattson, Kanga, Vermeer and several others I am sure.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.441 seconds