dcsimg

Oil drain Plug HELP

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Hey @lakelover , Here’s another thought. Is there another oil fill/check on say like the opposite side of the engine? sometimes these little engines have two but block one off depending on what it’s in, Ya might even have one on top

You’re right Dabby. There can be the extended tube for dipstick/fill and/or have the fill in either side. Some don’t have the housing drilled and tapped for a fill plug. This is a Snow King without the extended tube and the standard fill plug

Anonymous
    Inactive

Why would anybody use a one way/security plug for any oil changing port though, makes no sense. If the diagram Kurt posted is the same engine there should be another on the other side, is it the same thing?

Holy crap I hadn’t clicked that bigger yet, Yep I think Kurt’s schematic has been holding the answer all along. Like I said above, Might be another fill on the opposite side that has a removable plug. Nice find Kurt

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Well folks I just got off the phone with Husqvarna. They said that plug shown is unremovable.

I need to get a pump and suck the oil out.

Never heard of that before and scratching my head WHY ??

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well folks I just got off the phone with Husqvarna. They said that plug shown is unremovable.

Well where you suppose to suck it out from if ya can’t get into the fill port? I think they gave you some bad advice, Especially since we found the drain plug. It’s the fill plug that’s still a mystery, Have you checked the other side of the engine yet like I mentioned above? And like what Kurts schematic shows, And what Sporky’s picture shows?

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

?????? This should be the drain plug

Attachments:
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey @lakelover , Here’s another thought. Is there another oil fill/check on say like the opposite side of the engine? sometimes these little engines have two but block one off depending on what it’s in, Ya might even have one on top

You’re right Dabby. There can be the extended tube for dipstick/fill and/or have the fill in either side. Some don’t have the housing drilled and tapped for a fill plug. This is a Snow King without the extended tube and the standard fill plug

There ya go, And in his case I’ll bet the side he took a pic of is the non-usable side but they did tap it out. Then just put a non-removable plug in it so that engine can be used in different applications, He needs to check the other side. Or the top,…..And I see in your pic the drain plug is a square drive like I was expecting

Anonymous
    Inactive

And actually @lakelover picture is a little deceiving, I think his drain plug truly is a square drive. It just appears like a hex, Ya gotta look at the pic real close

Well for what it’s worth, on my compressor they say to drain the oil from that little glass oil level thingy, it has the shape of a bolt,
    The plug with the non removable bolt, could have been for another option, or maybe some sort of flushing port while they were machining the block.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My snow blower has the Tecumseh snow king engine and it has a 1/4″ pipe with a cap to drain the oil. The pipe extends past the edge of the machine to keep the oil from running all over. Photo tonight.

I can not believe that you would have to suck the oil out of a machine. It has to have a drain plug.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My snow blower has the Tecumseh snow king engine and it has a 1/4″ pipe with a cap to drain the oil. The pipe extends past the edge of the machine to keep the oil from running all over. Photo tonight.

I can not believe that you would have to suck the oil out of a machine. It has to have a drain plug.

Some have the pipe nipple and some don’t. Must come down to saving some pennies LOL.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah I don’t believe that either, Especially when he can’t find the fill plug. Where’s he going to suck it out from?? LOL …..Whoever he talked to wasn’t on top of that at all, Wow!!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Agreed. I don’t think the Husqvarna guy has a clue. This machine was almost certainly sold with a warranty. Proper maintenance is definitely part of keeping the warranty vali…so why make it so difficult to change the oil? Don’t resort to pumping the oil, try removing the plugs first.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I went out to the shop last night to see where my drain plug is and the manual says to remove the left tire to drain the oil properly 🙁 That doesn’t seem very well thought out .

Anonymous
    Inactive

I went out to the shop last night to see where my drain plug is and the manual says to remove the left tire to drain the oil properly :-( That doesn’t seem very well thought out .

I’ve got to try to winterize my dingo this year by myself, and this conversation is making me nervous to try it. I do have a hard time with the oil…will find out the rest soon.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I went out to the shop last night to see where my drain plug is and the manual says to remove the left tire to drain the oil properly :-( That doesn’t seem very well thought out .

I’ve got to try to winterize my dingo this year by myself, and this conversation is making me nervous to try it. I do have a hard time with the oil…will find out the rest soon.

I main thing is the proper oil and the right amount , other than that it should be pretty easy 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Shouldn’t be much to winterize is there?, Mainly check the anti freeze for how low it’s good for. Get one of these at your local parts store if ya don’t already have one, Worry about the oil later when it’s nice out. Maybe charge the battery? Or store it inside

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

What’s a dingo? I mean I know what it is in Australia, but that doesn’t seem like something you need to winterize lol.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

What’s a dingo? I mean I know what it is in Australia, but that doesn’t seem like something you need to winterize lol.

It’s kind of like a small Bobcat. There are a bunch of attachments available for the front end.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Attachments:
    jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

It’s kind of like a small Bobcat. There are a bunch of attachments available for the front end.

Ah I see, first time I’ve heard they are referred to as dingo.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.487 seconds