dcsimg

Oil drain Plug HELP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Hi Folks

I went to change oil on the snow blower a Husquvarna with the snow king engine.

What kind of tool do you need to get the plug unscrewed. I have never seen a plug like that. Sort of a Ying/Yang type shaped thing.

All advise appreciated.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

how about a photo? that would help.

Hi Folks

I went to change oil on the snow blower a Husquvarna with the snow king engine.

What kind of tool do you need to get the plug unscrewed. I have never seen a plug like that. Sort of a Ying/Yang type shaped thing.

All advise appreciated.

Can you take a picture.

Lakelover
    Pro
    Fort Qu'Appelle, SK

Took a while. I guess the old Mac is ailing.

Attachments:
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe drop a message on their FaceBook page?? They might know.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You could try Knipex pliers. They will adjust to anything and they grab really good.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use them on socket head cap screws that you can’t use an allen wrench on, and it break them loose because they’re round and not a hex head bolt.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s the fill plug. It shouldn’t be super tight. Anything to fit between the raised sections should work. Flat stock, screwdriver sideways, maybe even a 1/2″ drive ratchet/extension ?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like a one way plug to me???

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That also looks like a fill or level check plug. I think there should be another plug to try. It looks loke you would have to tip the machine to get that one to drain. Otherwise a channel lock or vise grip.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I think the drain is the small hex head bolt below the black the in the picture. As Kurt said, the black thing looks like a fill tube cap.

If the hex bolt happens to be something else…lay a screwdriver through the middle of the black cap…or any other long flat tool. If that doesn’t work, grip the outside with a pair of water pump pliers.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I think you are right Jon, based on this schematic. The main plug shown in the photo looks like #2 in the schematic and the hex below should be the #3 in the schematic.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Took a while. I guess the old Mac is ailing.

Looks like a one way nut, Only a pair of pliers would remove it BUT I wouldn’t.

Have you changed oil on the blower in the past?
    Dig through the manual to verify but I don’t think that would be the drain plug.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was expecting to see a square drive plug, But yeah Like the others have said. that looks like the fill and I agree that other hex head is the drain plug, Ying yang looks like it’s plastic too so treat it tenderly

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like a one way plug to me???

Looks like a one way nut,

Anyone else think it’s a one way thingy???

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

One way tighten only. The drain plug is right above it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

One way tighten only. The drain plug is right above it.

Uh oh, It’s above it?? Are you sure you don’t mean below it? @theamcguy … and yeah it does look like a one way thing, Wonder why they would do that on the oil fill/check, Very strange…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey @lakelover , Here’s another thought. Is there another oil fill/check on say like the opposite side of the engine? sometimes these little engines have two but block one off depending on what it’s in, Ya might even have one on top

It looks similar to the anti theft screw thread pattern, I’m thinking check for manual like some others have suggested, or even give them a call.

Any luck since you started this thread.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Why would anybody use a one way/security plug for any oil changing port though, makes no sense. If the diagram Kurt posted is the same engine there should be another on the other side, is it the same thing?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.616 seconds