dcsimg

Oh, bother! No topics were found here.一

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This page has always (and I mean as far back as when I posted regularly) loaded slow on mobile.
    I’ve tried it on three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Puffin) with similar results. Not sure why, but it has always been slow to do the initial page load, but then every other link performs just fine after that initial loading.

This morning, initial loading of BTP took 51 seconds. Selecting to view Power Tools forum took 24 seconds. Clicked on Talk Around The Job Site took 40 seconds. Selecting to view one or two specific topics took 3-5 seconds. Don’t know what is happening, it wasn’t this way before.

Doobie

This page has always (and I mean as far back as when I posted regularly) loaded slow on mobile.

I’ve tried it on three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, and Puffin) with similar results. Not sure why, but it has always been slow to do the initial page load, but then every other link performs just fine after that initial loading.

This morning, initial loading of BTP took 51 seconds. Selecting to view Power Tools forum took 24 seconds. Clicked on Talk Around The Job Site took 40 seconds. Selecting to view one or two specific topics took 3-5 seconds. Don’t know what is happening, it wasn’t this way before.

That’s odd Sami. I gotta think its on your end. I’ve not experienced anything like that myself nor have I heard any members mention anything of that latency with response times.

I’m usually using my pixel XL 2 smart phone Android , I have no problems with loading up BTP , fairly quick.
    I haven’t tried it on my home computer yet.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have no performance issue with any other web site, other sites load in a fraction of a second, BTP takes half a minute or more to load, reload, etc…

Tried it on chrome, firefox, same issue.

On the phone it loads faster (still much slower than other web sites, that’s tested on WIFI or 4G LTE), but on the phone it is using the mobile skin instead of the desktop skin, so the rendering is totally different.

I wouldn’t say it’s a new issue, I think BTP has always been slow in loading. I think I asked about it before and the replies were like the software has always had issues but no one is around to fix anything so live with it. Only with this latest change this slowness has been magnified, like 10 fold.

Doobie

I have no performance issue with any other web site, other sites load in a fraction of a second, BTP takes half a minute or more to load, reload, etc…

Tried it on chrome, firefox, same issue.

On the phone it loads faster (still much slower than other web sites, that’s tested on WIFI or 4G LTE), but on the phone it is using the mobile skin instead of the desktop skin, so the rendering is totally different.

I wouldn’t say it’s a new issue, I think BTP has always been slow in loading. I think I asked about it before and the replies were like the software has always had issues but no one is around to fix anything so live with it. Only with this latest change this slowness has been magnified, like 10 fold.

I don’t know what to tell you Sami. I’ve not experienced anything remotely close to that slowness with BTP load times. I wonder if your ISP tech support can help figure out why that’s happening.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think I found a pattern.

I know a few others have experienced the same like @asevereid to see if they notice this slowness under the same condition.

It seems the site loads immediately without any delay or hesitation if I log out and stay logged out.

If I log in, the page slows down A LOT. If I check on “Keep me signed in” the page slows down A LOT. There is obviously something extra it does when I log in, like verify my membership, authenticate my password, may be some additional security checks, give me some points for logging in etc etc etc…whatever it does, it takes a long time.

Whatever it does for initially logging in, it takes a long time. Once you are logged in, it gets faster – intermittently, I think depends on whether when you reload or navigate around the site whether it has to log you in constantly.

If I just log out the browsing of this site speeds up 100X just like all the other web sites. I suspect there is a lot of extra processes that happens when logging people in, and for some reason when I browse around every click is prompting the site to verify authenticate me again and again. I remember twice before my posts disappeared and it was determined that for some reason the site was putting my posts in jail, may be somehow the site has determined I am trouble and decides to authenticate me 100 times whenever I come to the site.

The workaround is to just keep being logged out.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

There is definitely something weird going on.

The post above this I just posted it would not post. I hit the submit button and it says “ERROR: Are you sure you want to do that?”

I don’t know what that means.

So I decided to just make a short post saying “test” and it got posted. Then I edit the post and replace the word “test” with the original body of the post, hit submit then it works. Took a while longer, now that I made the posts, I will again log out in order to browse easier.

Something definitely strange , I keep myself logged in , and never had any issues , only ever once in awhile when my phone gets an update , I’ll have to re log in , but still pretty fast , probably something like what you mentioned , checking out things make sure you are legit , I don’t know , I only had something similar years ago when I was running BB 10 but even that was fixed by the software from BB ?

Doobie

I’m gonna ask the webmaster to look into this Sami. Something is not right.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’m usually using my pixel XL 2 smart phone Android , I have no problems with loading up BTP , fairly quick.

I haven’t tried it on my home computer yet.

I have no issues loading BTP on my home computer. I am using Google chrome. The forum loads fine on my phone. Just a pita to reply to a post. So I have decided to post from my phone anymore. Not worth the hassle.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Repeat Post from Another Thread.

Here’s part of a reply I just received from the webmaster in regards to slowness loading issues….

There is a ton of caching that happens for non-logged in users, but that caching goes away when folks are logged in. This is so that they can see freshest content, and not content that is cached from 12 hours ago. That comes with some speed hits, as queries are running as we’re surfing, vs us just loading query results from the cache. Hopefully that helps explain it at least!

Doobie

I’m gonna ask the webmaster to look into this Sami. Something is not right.

Reply from the Webmaster on this for you Sami….

Miamicuse did have a couple recent replies stuck in PENDING status, so I approved them to teach the spam filter. There were 10 or so of them this year so far, so just did those. Hopefully that helps him out!

Not sure if it’s related , but for some reason miamicuse has a few duplicate posts . Just letting you know

@doobie

Doobie

Not sure if it’s related , but for some reason miamicuse has a few duplicate posts . Just letting you know

@doobie

Yes I noticed that too. Some were stuck in the spam folder, but the webmaster released them today. At the time Sami had just made a duplicate post which posted. Now that the spammed ones are released, it looks like the same post being posted twice albeit slightly different. No worries,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I just replied to your post boschmanbrian and that post disappeared to a black hole. If the webmaster let that post through in June 2020 as a new post it would look like a late duplicate post, that’s what happened. I don’t know why but my posts seem to get hung up even if I avoid quotes or images.

I just replied to your post boschmanbrian and that post disappeared to a black hole. If the webmaster let that post through in June 2020 as a new post it would look like a late duplicate post, that’s what happened. I don’t know why but my posts seem to get hung up even if I avoid quotes or images.

Oh well , it’s strange , must have a few bugs still , I quoted a few posts the other day , one had a video , and the other had a picture , never saw my posts , but I think I received the points , I’m not sure as I never mentioned anything about it 🤷

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

One quote goes through, 2 quotes won’t make it.
    At least that’s my experience.

Doobie

I’ve asked the webmaster to look into this further. I think there was this huge change that happened with such some time ago with a forum software upgrade.

I also asked the webmaster to identify what is the issue with endless scrolling to the right with trying to reply in posting reply windows using members phones to do such.

I myself don’t have that issue on my phone, but it is now obvious many do.

The Webmaster is very busy. She doesn’t respond quite as quickly as other than me asking her to correct something that is a major issue that really affects the forum. But my passed on requests do get her attention ultimately albeit sometimes it takes upwards of many days to weeks for non-essential issues. I feel she works hard and diligently for us

We can’t be too fussy here. At least we have a real pro web-person to deal with the forum to correct things as is needed in the webmaster I contact with. I certainly can’t do this kind of stuff on my own. I think the forum would have gone so far quirky with the major software upgrade from last fall that without our beloved webmaster, this forum would have been a crippled entity and now vacant of anything by now otherwise with endless issues of normal circulatory abilities.

There are other forum corrective things I have asked for that she has on her plate that are to be dealt with ‘potentially’. It’s just a slowish process to get further things done at times, but I’m doing my best to help enhance this forum. She’s already implemented many other enhancements I’ve requested. Some have taken months to get enacted, and we should not complain and just be thankful frankly. Thank goodness she is a pro hired gun by Bosch that can help us here that I can tap into. All hail the webmaster imo! Without her, we’d all be off somewhere else by now.

Definitely , at least that is what I have experienced

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I was just thinking what would be really cool is to have a page of the redemption items that we just click on the item and cash in points.
    Might be asking to much?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.470 seconds