dcsimg

# of batteries in relation to # of tools

Viewing 16 posts - 101 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch is in so many markets all with different electrical specs 110V, 220V, 50 cycles, 60 cycles, European codes, US Codes, Canadian Codes designing a simple charger becomes a nightmare. A multi-charger would be nice, a charger that could charge both 12V & 18V batteries would be nice also.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

I have 6 12volt batteries, 2- 2.0ah and 2- 4.0ah and 2- 3.0ah.

That’s a good mix in amp hour batteries .

Always willing to learn .

a charger that could charge both 12V & 18V batteries would be nice also.

This has been one the things keeping me from buying into the 12v line. I just don’t want yet another “single use” charger.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This has been one the things keeping me from buying into the 12v line. I just don’t want yet another “single use” charger.

It didn’t want it either but it’s not that bad. I just have too many uses for the 12volt to not have them.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

A multi-charger would be nice, a charger that could charge both 12V & 18V batteries would be nice also.

After having both of these, and now both with rapid charging, I would not do without them, as a contractor. One could really get away with a lot less batteries, if one brought the 6-bay rapid charger along with them. I don’t, but only because I have a crazy amount of batteries. I can be on the cordless tools all week long and still not even think about charging a battery.

It didn’t want it either but it’s not that bad. I just have too many uses for the 12volt to not have them.

I hear you.. it’s probably just a mater of time before I get some.. but a multi-charger would sure be nice.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Like Dirty says it’s not that bad, plus the 12V line is darn useful an extra charger is worth it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Like Dirty says it’s not that bad, plus the 12V line is darn useful an extra charger is worth it.

hopefully the wireless charging will negate having extra chargers and just have all of them charge as the unit isn’t in use.

Clev08
    Pro

Good place to be Sparky. I am about in the same position except when i use my cordless polisher. That really eats up the batteries faster than I can charge them.

Yeah, I bet it does. I have the Fuel angle grinder, and it really goes through them too, but I never use it for more than a quick cut. The vacuum sucks the juice down too.

I can get by with my Fuel grinder on two batteries usually unless I’m using to very heavily. It’s so nice not dragging a cord around with you!

How many of you guys buy tool kits just for the batteries. I’ve done it a few times on deal days .

How many of you guys buy tool kits just for the batteries. I’ve done it a few times on deal days .

Can’t say I have ever done that. Rather I have waited for deals with a free extra battery on a tool I do need. And, BethePro has made it easy to get extra Bosch batteries. 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have never purchased a battery outside of a kit. Well, other than the time that I found M18 4.0 battery / charger starter sets at 75% off. Most tradesmen I know do the same, the math is easy. Like Lon, I try to wait until there’s a free extra battery deal.

Can’t say I have ever done that. Rather I have waited for deals with a free extra battery on a tool I do need. And, BethePro has made it easy to get extra Bosch batteries. :)

Sometimes you come across a drill combo cheaper then buying one or two batteries .

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I did this last year when bosch had their drill and impact on sale for 300 and you got free sawzaw. I sold the drill and imact for 150 and kept the charger two 4AH batteries and a recip saw. Im up to 6 4AH batteries now for 2 impacts a drill circular saw recip saw and a wet dry vac

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is actually a good idea if you break it down.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol i haven’t found any deals in canada that would make it worth my while. lately everything that seems like a deal isn’t, for months lowes has had bosch stuff on sale and they have stayed on the shelves and not very many people are picking those ones up.

Viewing 16 posts - 101 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.546 seconds