dcsimg

# of batteries in relation to # of tools

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve got 3 batteries between my drill and flashlight

Sounds like you have a good start.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

i feel as if this is a great way to operate, however i still feel battery drain anxiety lol.

Lol!

It helps staying with all one system, giving me a huge pool of batteries. I keep them in a separate tote that I bring in each evening. Just plunk a bunch in this contraption each night and I’m all set.

That makes total sense, maybe Bosch could do that style of charger, would be practical for contractor’s,
    Good idea,

Clev08
    Pro

I have the Milwaukee Fuel line, most of my tools have blow mold cases. I like to keep two batteries and one charger in each case. I always have at least two cases with me so I don’t have to worry about running out of full batteries. Right now I have 13 batteries 9 tools, and 7 chargers.
    For my m12 tools I have 2 4.0 amp batteries 6 2.0 amp and 2 1.5 amp batteries to go with 2 chargers and 7 tools. But all my m18 chargers can charge the m12 batteries!

The only reason I have so many batteries is because a local tool shop had 4.0 amp batteries for $60

yellaD
    Pro

I’m a DIY’er and hobbyist so I’d be doing well with one battery per tool. I do stick with Bosch so that it is as seamless as possible. Not many times do I have more than 3 tools w/ batteries in them at any once.

I’m a DIY’er and hobbyist so I’d be doing well with one battery per tool. I do stick with Bosch so that it is as seamless as possible. Not many times do I have more than 3 tools w/ batteries in them at any once.

If your at home and not on the road that sounds very do-able

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

If your at home and not on the road that sounds very do-able

Easier at home to keep them rotating on the chargers. I do my best each day to bring home the dead ones, recharge them overnight, and grab them in the morning. With 7 tools and 7 batteries, so far I have not run out on any day. Not just me using them either.

I have 4 m12 v tools with 4 batteries . When I see a sale I will buy more batteries . Since these were all bought on Black Friday sales last year .

Always willing to learn .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Easier at home to keep them rotating on the chargers.

In the shop also. You can keep the batteries rotating and never run out of power. I try and keep 2 batteries per tool but with a lot of tools I can “borrow” batteries from other tools to keep going.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

Something else to keep in mind is the quality of the batteries you have. I was at a job and the plumber couldn’t get a battery to last longer than 1 hole. He had 4 batteries but they were all junk. He had the dewalt 18v stuff and it didn’t look like he took very good care of it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I just wish the one company would make all the tool I need, Right now I have 3 batteries platforms.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I just wish the one company would make all the tool I need, Right now I have 3 batteries platforms.

I hear you Dirty, I have way too many platforms myself. Slowly changing over to a majority of Bosch, but never will have just one platform as Bosch has many holes in its line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

I couldn’t use all of my batteries if I tried, even though I use my cordless tools all day long. I really should stop bringing so many batteries with me in the truck, but it’s just habit. The M18 Hole Hawg is about the only one that I usually go through more than one battery in a day, if I’m roughing a house.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I couldn’t use all of my batteries if I tried,

Good place to be Sparky. I am about in the same position except when i use my cordless polisher. That really eats up the batteries faster than I can charge them.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good place to be Sparky. I am about in the same position except when i use my cordless polisher. That really eats up the batteries faster than I can charge them.

Yeah, I bet it does. I have the Fuel angle grinder, and it really goes through them too, but I never use it for more than a quick cut. The vacuum sucks the juice down too.

Im at 4x 2.0s and 5x 4.0 in the 18v line, and have about 8 2.0 12v ones

Probably works to about one per tool, but since I never empty the stable, I have far more than I need, without having to move the batteries around, and with a couple on-deck ready to go

I have 7 batteries for 6 tools(including radio). pretty good about keeping them charged

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have 6 12volt batteries, 2- 2.0ah and 2- 4.0ah and 2- 3.0ah.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

currently i have 5 12 volts and it never seems like it is enough, I think i’ll have to get some 4.0ah to try out soon.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I have (6x) 12v 2.0Ah and (1x) 12v 4.0Ah for three Fl12’s, Bosch Vac and two Bosch heated jackets.
    For the 18v Bosch line I have (4x) 2.0Ah and (2x) 4.0Ah’s for the OMT, Impact, Drill and circular saw. I am planning on getting more 4.0Ah’s and or a 6.0Ah.

A Working Pro since 2004

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

I’m up to 4x 4.0 ah and 2x 2.0 ah for my 18v tools (drill, impact, and 2x circular saws), and 1x 4.0 ah (OMT) and 9x 2.0 ah for the rest of my 12v tools (2x drills, impact, vac, radio, and about to add the mini recip and jigsaw).

I could still probably use a 6.0 ah 18v for the circular saws, but I haven’t done a full day of cutting with them yet, I have a worm drive that I use for most heavier work.

It would be nice if Bosch came out with a multi-charger, but in reality I don’t know how much I would use it. As it is now I use a battery until it goes dead, then pop it in the charger and grab a new one. A multi charger would probably make me switch over to keeping all of the batteries in their own L-Boxx and charging them all at the end of the day, which would cut down on the spares needed.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.549 seconds