dcsimg

# of batteries in relation to # of tools

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

update

ryobi about 10 tools 8 batteries
    bosch 12v 3 tools 6 batteries
    bosch 18v 2 tools “one on way” 6 batteries

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Mt latest update

Ryobi: 4 new batteries 0 tools

Hard to pass up a deal.

Mt latest update

Ryobi: 4 new batteries 0 tools

Hard to pass up a deal.

haha, way to good of a deal to pass up. Watch the adds, heard the charger is going on sale next week

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have 3 18V 4ah batteries. I do not need more because I can’t deplete them fast enough for that to have a purpose.

I seem to get a uku load of tools going at the same time where I need a pile of batteries.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I like having extra batteries when I can. However it means loads of extras when you switch to different brands.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I think I am gonna add another 20v battery this week. I found out that Dewalt makes a 20v string trimmer, and it comes with a 5.0 battery.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I had 4 18v 2.0Ah batteries but passed them on to a Union roofer friend when I grabbed the two 18v 4.0Ah batteries. This is for the 18v OMT and the 18V Impact/Drill

A Working Pro since 2004

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I like having extra batteries when I can. However it means loads of extras when you switch to different brands.

Right which is a concern when you have to carry tool to the site everyday.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

woodman_412

All my cordless gear is Bosch. I have two 18V tools and 5 batteries and 7 12V tools and 11 batteries. With the run time on the batteries I never run out of them and I’ve always found I have plenty.

Dan

danpattison.com

I like to have numerous batteries, just so I can have different tools with different bits, ex drill, and impact plus hammer drill all going and not having to keep changing the drive bits.

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

The batteries get expensive, but I like to have at least two for each of my “constant use” tools (drill, impact, circular saw), and one each for the rest of the tools, especially when you get organized with L-Boxxes.

There is nothing more frustrating than using your jigsaw outside and your drill and impact inside, with 3 batteries total and one is in the charger. You go out to make a cut and realize you left both of the charged batteries upstairs in the impact and drill…

It’s the same deal with the L-Boxxes, I don’t want to have to drag another tool case I’m not using out to steal a battery or charger, it defeats the whole point of being streamlined and efficient. It’s not a big deal to have a single battery for things like the vacuums, if the battery dies you will always have another tool case out anyways to finish the job up.

The problem is compounded for those of us who work on jobsites rather than in our shops. In the shop it’s fairly easy to take the batteries out of each tool and charge them at the end of the day. On a jobsite, batteries don’t get charged until they go dead, and at the end of the day the tools go in their boxes and in the truck until the next day. This requires more spare batteries to keep things moving along.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The batteries get expensive, but I like to have at least two for each of my “constant use” tools (drill, impact, circular saw), and one each for the rest of the tools, especially when you get organized with L-Boxxes.

That sounds like a good plan. With as many Bosch 12V & 18V tools that I have now I can pretty much just get bare tools and still have plenty of batteries. Somehow I have around a dozen of each.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

The problem is compounded for those of us who work on jobsites rather than in our shops. In the shop it’s fairly easy to take the batteries out of each tool and charge them at the end of the day. On a jobsite, batteries don’t get charged until they go dead, and at the end of the day the tools go in their boxes and in the truck until the next day. This requires more spare batteries to keep things moving along.

For that reason, I like to have at least 2 batteries for each tool. All I use are cordless all day long, and I never charge a battery during the workday. Stopped even bringing a charger along with me.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

For that reason, I like to have at least 2 batteries for each tool. All I use are cordless all day long, and I never charge a battery during the workday. Stopped even bringing a charger along with me.

i feel as if this is a great way to operate, however i still feel battery drain anxiety lol.

Good plan, especially now with the technology in the batteries, and the higher amp hour batteries,

@Jpg-woodworking that’s true, about the difference in the shop or at a Jobsite / clients house,

Anonymous
    Inactive

i feel as if this is a great way to operate, however i still feel battery drain anxiety lol.

Lol!

It helps staying with all one system, giving me a huge pool of batteries. I keep them in a separate tote that I bring in each evening. Just plunk a bunch in this contraption each night and I’m all set.

Lol!

It helps staying with all one system, giving me a huge pool of batteries. I keep them in a separate tote that I bring in each evening. Just plunk a bunch in this contraption each night and I’m all set.

I wish Bosch would come out with a multi-charger like that.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I never charge a battery during the workday. Stopped even bringing a charger along with me.

That helps. The best way to do it really. Have the charging station all set up at the shop and charge overnight.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I have 3 batteries for my drill/driver, which leaves one to be left charged/charging at the same time.

I’ve got 3 batteries between my drill and flashlight, really looking forward to building my cordless tool collection but it’s always nice to have a battery sitting in the charger fully charged just in case

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.577 seconds