dcsimg

Northern Ontario!

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Sir_Mixalot
    Pro
    Melbourne Beach, FL

Good to have you here Alex. It is a great place to visit. Would you mind sharing what is Northern Ontario since your province is so huge?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Welcome @WoodsConstruction to BTP

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

monman1
    Pro

Welcome to BTP Alex!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Good to have you here Alex. It is a great place to visit. Would you mind sharing what is Northern Ontario since your province is so huge?

Im in Sudbury.. to anyone south of Barrie its like the north pole, but you can go much farther north from here haha

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Im in Sudbury.. to anyone south of Barrie its like the north pole, but you can go much farther north from here haha

You sure are close enough to the North Pole. LOL

From where I am it’s a 5hr drive and that’s with driving right past Webers. 😉

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Lon, I’m not sure where you are but Northern Ontario begins at the imaginary line across the north shore of the Great Lakes.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Thanks @WoodsConstruction. For me, northern Ontario is above Lake of the Woods where I have taken fly-in trips to go fishing. I found you on the map and that is a long ways from you. It is certainly a beautiful part of the world that I hope to visit again (and again).

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

C’mon now its not that far! I got home in 3.5hrs from the beaches on Friday night!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

C’mon now its not that far! I got home in 3.5hrs from the beaches on Friday night!

Alex, you were flying low for sure. That’s really good time especially this time of year. Is the 4 laning finished north of Nobel yet?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Alex, you were flying low for sure. That’s really good time especially this time of year. Is the 4 laning finished north of Nobel yet?

It’s 4 lanes from Sudbury to about Alban / French River area, then 2 lanes until Nobel still, but they are still picking away at it, slowly but surely.

I did a lot of driving on that old hwy 69 going to Toronto from Suds. Despite all my complaining about it, it was much better than the monstrosity they are putting in now.

I think back in my day up there, they decided that the area was the “mid-north” as there is a lot of “north” between there and James/Hudson Bays. Once you get around Timmins, where the watershed starts flowing north to the bays instead of to the great lakes is getting up there.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

TECHNICALLY Sudbury would be North Eastern Ontario, on any map I’ve looked at.. North Western Ontario and TRUE Northern Ontario are really getting up there.

But as far as I’m concerned if North Bay can call itself the “gateway to the north” then Sudbury is Northern Ontario haha

Welcome, always good to add another Canadian 🙂

Will

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.449 seconds