dcsimg

Northern Ontario!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Hey there! Figured Id take the time to actually do the whole introduction thing since I see so many others do!

Anyhow, names Alex. lead hand / foreman for residential and commercial construction jobs for the past 6 years. Tend to stay on the framing side of things but I’ve been around the block and done a little bit of ALMOST everything.

For the first time ever I found myself laid off this winter and decided since I already do everything other then the financial side of business, and already own everything I need (aside from a trailer, do I ever want a trailer lol) why not give it a whirl and go on my own – so here I am!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Welcome Alex. It’s great to get another Ontarian in here. I think we will be the majority of the board soon.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Welcome to BTP Alex ! Looking forward to seeing some of your work .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Alex welcome to BTP. You will find we are a friendly bunch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Welcome Alex. I am in south west Ontario, but I grew up in the mid-north (Sudbury). How far north are you?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Welcome Alex! Are you specializing in framing then?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Welcome, Alex, good to see another Canadian on the forum here. You will find out soon enough that we love to see pictures of your work, so post as many as you like.
    I believe you are the only member from Northern Ontario here now. I lived there for a while and there is another member originally from Sudbury. You will get to know them all soon enough.
    Good luck on your trailer search, You shouldn’t have too much trouble finding a good one.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Welcome to BTP Alex.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Thanks for the warm welcome. I actually am in Sudbury.

Ive got hundreds of pictures of my work but seeing as everything unique and interesting is work that I’ve done for my previous employer, it just doesn’t seem right to claim it as my own regardless if I did it haha

I’ll make sure to start snapping more though, should be a few good contracts coming up if all goes well!

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Welcome to BTP Alex. I used to go by Sudbury when I went on vacation.
    Hope you do well with going on your own. Sometimes it can be a challenge.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Welcome to BTP, Alex, From near Toronto.
    Always good to have another Canadian on board.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Welcome to the BTP forum Alex. Thanks for introducing yourself.

A Working Pro since 2004

@WoodsConstruction welcome to BTP Alex, looking forward for seeing some of your work,
    And all the best in starting your own business.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Welcome to BTP Alex! There are a lot of good contractors on here who really know their stuff and they are more than willing to answer questions so feel free to ask if you like.

If you haven’t already please read the forum rules here:http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/the-rules-of-bethepro-please-read-before-posting/

Enjoy the forum!

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Welcome WoodsConstruction, it’s great to have another tradesmen here. It make for some good posting.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Hey there! Figured Id take the time to actually do the whole introduction thing since I see so many others do!

Anyhow, names Alex. lead hand / foreman for residential and commercial construction jobs for the past 6 years. Tend to stay on the framing side of things but I’ve been around the block and done a little bit of ALMOST everything.

For the first time ever I found myself laid off this winter and decided since I already do everything other then the financial side of business, and already own everything I need (aside from a trailer, do I ever want a trailer lol) why not give it a whirl and go on my own – so here I am!

Welcome to bethepro you will find its a great source of information . Congrats on opening up your own business . You will find it rewarding and difficult at same time . A lot knowledge here to gain from .

Always willing to learn .

Welcome to BTP. getting a lot of folks from up there.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

Alex, welcome to BTP. I hope that you have success building your own business.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Welcome aboard Alex.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Welcome to BTP, it’s nice to see some more canadian members here.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.446 seconds