dcsimg

Noise on weekend

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

My neighbor is retired and has all the time in the world. He always mows his lawn at 8 am on Sunday morning. Makes me crazy!

I would consider that inconsiderate. Besides, with the dew still on the lawn the grass clippings just end up packing themselves under the mowing deck of the mower. Doesn’t he realize that? Maybe you could nicely mention that to him. It may he what changes his ways.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I switched to 9am start M-F and we get a lot of compliments on it. My main reason is that I have two little kids and prefer that the HO is already at work, but we can pretend I was being considerate.

Almost never do any overtime. I’ll work as late as 7pm once or twice a week to catch up but I make sure that the bulk of the noise is done and we’re not running compressors or grinders after 6pm.

As a hobbyist, I feel bad using power tools outside too often. Once in a while sure, but a few weekends in a row hearing the TS and SCMS will burn any good will I have managed to earn

I keep to after 10, and done by 5 on weekends, and done by 6 on weekdays, but of course Im not doing a job and leaving. During renos, a normal 8/9-5/6 is the norm, with a bit of flex.

Ive been trying to get the garage into a workable shop, so I can work indoors without ticking off the neighbourhood, and to get a longer usable season, but its slow going, so the circular saw runs a few hours every week, as does the table

Realized how annoying it was, when a neighbour decided to shorten an entire cord of firewood using his mitre saw. The sound is so much worse when youre not working!

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

We don’t make noise on residential high rise on Saturdays, it has to be work like laying bricks or caulking. We can’t work on Holidays or Sundays most often. We can start the hammers and grinders etc up at 8:00am Mon-Fri and most of the time we are vibrating through the whole high rise doing balcony and masonry repair. We get complaints all the time.

A Working Pro since 2004

As someone else mentioned, the cloud of dust is the most concerning part. They should definitely be wetting that down while cutting. Otherwise, if they were working within the legal working times, there should have been no reason for them to stop. A quick word with the other homeowners before starting would at least let them know the work was going to be performed, but theres really nothing illegal about it.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

but theres really nothing illegal about it.

That very well could be true where you are at but not everyplace is the same. Over here it very well could and probably is illegal.

Doobie

but theres really nothing illegal about it.

That very well could be true where you are at but not everyplace is the same. Over here it very well could and probably is illegal.

They all seem to cloud the neighborhood around here when they dry concrete stuff. Never thought there may in fact be rules not to do such.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

My neighbor is retired and has all the time in the world. He always mows his lawn at 8 am on Sunday morning. Makes me crazy!

I would consider that inconsiderate. Besides, with the dew still on the lawn the grass clippings just end up packing themselves under the mowing deck of the mower. Doesn’t he realize that? Maybe you could nicely mention that to him. It may he what changes his ways.

well you guys would hate living in my area then. As everyone but me is retired in my neighbourhood. Everyone worked at the GM car plant and is retired and one guy beside me ends up yelling and screaming every Saturday morning all day. ask @utopia78 and I have no clue what the heck he is yelling about. lol

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Haha, damn really? Not a pleasant way to wake up on Saturday that’s for sure.

Doobie

well you guys would hate living in my area then. As everyone but me is retired in my neighbourhood. Everyone worked at the GM car plant and is retired and one guy beside me ends up yelling and screaming every Saturday morning all day. ask @utopia78 and I have no clue what the heck he is yelling about. lol

I’m surrounded by a bunch of retired people. They don’t yell, they just lie about calling the town every time something is going on.

But that doesn’t phase me nearly as the open racism. Some of the comments or terms I’ve heard most of them say or use in casual conversation over the years is disturbing. Not necessarily pointy duncel hat wearing types, but if you ain’t white, you’re not overly welcome around here. I must drive them nuts with the ethnic mix of clients and friends that come see me. Hope it gives them the willies and nightmares. Lol!

Most of them are in their 80’s plus now, they’ll be gone before too long. They’re all the ones who bought when this area was first built in 1969-70.

I try not to ruffle feathers but sure wish he would pick a better time.
    I am not a early person at all. I never start work before 9 am.
    The only thing I get up early for is fishing.

Ha ha I had a neighbor just like that, he was also retired, but started every Sunday at 9 am Wtf,

Doobie

I try not to ruffle feathers but sure wish he would pick a better time.
    I am not a early person at all. I never start work before 9 am.
    The only thing I get up early for is fishing.

Ha ha I had a neighbor just like that, he was also retired, but started every Sunday at 9 am Wtf,

They’re either deliberate or stupid. Is there an in between or other answer for someone doing that? I don’t think so.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’m surrounded by a bunch of retired people. They don’t yell, they just lie about calling the town every time something is going on.

But that doesn’t phase me nearly as the open racism. Some of the comments or terms I’ve heard most of them say or use in casual conversation over the years is disturbing. Not necessarily pointy duncel hat wearing types, but if you ain’t white, you’re not overly welcome around here. I must drive them nuts with the ethnic mix of clients and friends that come see me. Hope it gives them the willies and nightmares. Lol!

Most of them are in their 80’s plus now, they’ll be gone before too long. They’re all the ones who bought when this area was first built in 1969-70.

wow thats crazy, i’ve yet to really encounter any racism in my area and I am probably the first chinese guy they’ve seen move in lol and some of these guys were here since the houses were built in the 50’s. Some of them were talking about how the houses back in the day were bought and sold around 16 thousand dollars.

Doobie

wow thats crazy, i’ve yet to really encounter any racism in my area and I am probably the first chinese guy they’ve seen move in lol and some of these guys were here since the houses were built in the 50’s. Some of them were talking about how the houses back in the day were bought and sold around 16 thousand dollars.

Mine was originally 25K in ’69. Bought it for 205K in 2000. Worth about 600K now. But real estate is a funny misleading beast. All sorts of value/cost distortions people don’t appreciate about it. I’m not a fan of real estate investment. Own your house, fine. Get into buying for investing, different story.

If Dolly Parton is working 9 to 5, then so am I.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Starting at 9 is out of the question for me. Our shift is always 730 to 400.

yellaD
    Pro

In my area, we can hear the neighbor’s door bell when it’s really quiet. Considering we have three yappy dogs and I work in my garage and the compressor goes on every so often, I think I’m the one that’s noisy! HEHE

Dustincoc
    Pro
    Madrid, NY

That just makes me laugh.

As some of you may know, I went to college to be a lighting & scenic designer, as well as a stage carpenter & stage electrician.

I’ve heard rumor, while doing this fall’s show, is that the spring show I’ll most likely be doing lights fro, is Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5”.

Shop Blog: http://ravenbarsrepair.tumblr.com/
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz498FKw9LF1awJsKIqhoxQ

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

as well as a stage carpenter & stage electrician.

The movie world is going off over here. Why not come and get you some?

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

The city dictates or hours. I don’t break the rules but I’m right on time with them. I don’t start until 8 am every morning anyhow, due to not waking my HO too early.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.544 seconds